cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replication server unable to connect to Database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have installed 15.7.1 sp 303 Replication server on windows 2008 and installed Ms Sql2008 and tried to add the database of SQL sever to replication server but Iam getting an error that the Replication server is unable connect to SQL using "sa" but when I login to SQL MGMT studio using the sa and password it works fine.

I tried the similar add database to replication server with ASE database but still I keep getting the same issue and I am able to loginto the database using the administrator even on ASE database.

Please advise if any one have faced the similar issue on  replication server to connect to DB or any other steps to be done before addition of database to replication server

thanks,

p.suresh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

HI Suresh,

The replication to or from MS SQL server database requires other two components- Replication Agent fro MS SQL Server (RAM) and DirectConnect Anywhere for ODBC(DC). These two pieces are middlewares between MS Server and  Replication Server. The replication path is like:

MS SQL Server ->RAM -> RS-> DC ->MS SQL server.

There is a straight forward step-by-step instruction in SAP Replication Server Options SP200 Quick Start Guide to set it up.

http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/topic/com.sybase.infocenter.dc00766.1571200/doc/html/aga1270635256...

Regards,

Binh Liu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Hunter Liu,

checking the guide for heterogenous replication but If I have to do the homogenous that is between

ASE-ASE   (Sybase) can that be done on two sample databases pubs2,pubs3  and it looks like no extra replication agents ,EDBC not required for Homogenous ,Is that correct

Please advise any other prerequisites to consider for homogenous

thanks,

p.suresh