cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hiding Dimension Columns CSS not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We use BW Query as source for building Dashboards using Design Studio.

We have requirement to hide Dimension Columns but still retain the values. I followed the steps in below link.

http://www.clariba.com/blog/designstudiocrosstabcomponent

I used below code and it seems to not work as expected.

.one .sapzencrosstab-HeaderRow>td:nth-child(1) {

display: none !important;

}

When the index value is 1, it simply hides just the measure..

Can anyone please help?

Thanks,

A

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Did you try setting the Member Display property of the dimensions to "No Display"?

I think it should work and just display the key figures.

In the Initial View right click on the dimension and from the Member Display sub-menu select No Display.

Thank you.

Regards,

Swapnil Koti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Swapnil. This is straight forward and it worked for me.

And thanks to others for your ideas.

Arun

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to hide the highligted column.

If I remove the highlighted column in Initial View I get just one row with values summed.

The row members are fixed. So I am planning to use Text component to replace the highlighted column.

Thanks,

Arun

Martin-Pankraz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Your CSS selector uses the class .sapzencrosstab-HeaderRow which is part of the col headers table entries too. That is why it hides first measure as well. You can try the following more selective approach instead:

.one .sapzencrosstab-DimensionHeaderArea .sapzencrosstab-HeaderRow > td:nth-child(1) {

}

.one .sapzencrosstab-RowHeaderArea .sapzencrosstab-HeaderRow > td:nth-child(1){

}

Of course not having any leading characteristic causes the BEx query to sum up all individual values. Why would you try to hide it and then put new texts? The correct way of doing this would be to alter the texts on the source.

Kind regards

Martin

former_member206841
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Arun,

Instead of hiding the column and using text boxes would make layout complex .Use the below css to replace the Dimension text with your preferred text row by row.

.one .sapzencrosstab-RowHeaderArea> tbody > tr:nth-child(1) > td:nth-child(1):after{

content:"Row 1";

}

.one .sapzencrosstab-RowHeaderArea> tbody > tr:nth-child(2) > td:nth-child(1):after{

content:"Row 2";

}

.one .sapzencrosstab-RowHeaderArea> tbody > tr:nth-child(3) > td:nth-child(1):after{

content:"Row 3";

}

.one .sapzencrosstab-RowHeaderArea> tbody > tr:nth-child(4) > td:nth-child(1):after{

content:"Row 4";

}

.one .sapzencrosstab-RowHeaderArea> tbody > tr:nth-child(5) > td:nth-child(1):after{

content:"Row 5"; 

}

.one .sapzencrosstab-RowHeaderArea> tbody > tr > td > div > div{

visibility:hidden;

}

Regards

Dinesh

Martin-Pankraz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

The css you provided hides the complete first column of the Column Header area with some minor layout glitches. Where you trying to target the row headers instead? A screenshot of what you are trying to achieve would help us understand what you are looking for exactly.

Did you consider removing the dimension on Design Studio from the query that is assigned to the crosstab and maintaining a copy of the query including it? That way you could capture user interaction on the crosstab without that dimension and forward the selection to the other query which includes it, without messing with your layout. In order to do so you would need the Design Studio Scripting methods of the Crosstab getSelection or getSelectedMember.

Let us know if you need some more clarification.

Kind regards

Martin

former_member206841
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Arun,

Just to confirm - Can you give a snapshot of your Crosstab highlighting which area you exactly want to hide?

Regards

Dinesh