cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extraction of data from xlsm file using BODS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In our project, we have a requirement to load the data from a macro file. I tried to load the data using Excel Workbook format but it seems a subset of data is not getting loaded correctly i.e. if I have 100 records to be loaded, then 96 records are getting loaded correctly but the remaining 4 records are wrong (shows incorrect value).

Isn't it possible to get the data from an xlsm file using Excel File Format in BODS? Please help !

Many thanks in advance!

Regards,

Treesa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

kaus19d
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, that is also true. So, if, any further progress or issue is there, then can update on the same & we would love to check that out too.

If feel matter solved, then can close thread.

Thanks,

Kaushik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am re-opening the thread since it is identified again that the problem still exists with some of the files though the cursor is in the home position.

Kindly help!

Thanks,

Treesa

kaus19d
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You, 1st of all need to take help from your OS support team to help your users to get the Exact tables/indexes & vlookup job done properly, because that's why the error will occur in some matters only, not all the matter. If SAP issue, then it would have occurred in the scenarios. Its not SAP issue. If the Excel is formatted properly, then there is no issue from the SAP side.

Thanks,

Kaushik

kaus19d
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Former Member,

I think our other friends also faced the same problem as shown below,

Uploading long text from Excel using Data Services | SCN

Excel as Target in BODS 4.2 | SCN

Excel file load  in Data services | SCN

So for this purpose, I would also recommend a document showing the process in below,

Thanks,

Kaushik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik,

Thank you for your response!

I have gone through the links that you shared above. But  I am able to load the data from xls file accurately and the data variance happens only with a few records when the data is loaded from xlsm (macro file).

Regards,

Treesa

kaus19d
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to take help from your BASIS person for the macro enabled for uploading data in all the correspondence ALEs & also for the correspondance BASIS settings parameters values increasing. On the contrary, in your case, the .xlsx file also should get uploaded fine

Thanks,

Kaushik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik,

Finally the cause of the issue is identified. This data discrepancy happens when the macro file is saved without moving the cursor back to the home position. So if we ensure that the file is saved correctly with the cursor begin in the home cell, then the data would get loaded correctly.

Thanks,

Treesa