cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object WORKITEM - Read the archived data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have archived the work item using object WORKITEM and now I need to retrieve those work items. The standard program RSWWARCP and RSWWARCR  gives all data & huge data. It will take more time to find the required data/fields.

So I planned to develop the custom program to read the archived work item and display only required fields of the work item.  My doubt is,

1. Is Archive info structure must to read the archive data?

2. Without activating the archive info structure can I read the archived data?

3. Will data get filled automatically in archive info structure without fill the structure in the tcode SARI- Status management?

4. Can we read workitem thru Archive link tables ?

5. There is no archive link/ link table for object WORKITEM in tcode OAC3. Can we create the archive link entries for the object WORKITEM? If yes, which is good way to read the read the archived work item:- Archive info structure or thru Archive link?

I've read Data archiving documents in Help.Sap but still it my doubts are not resolved.

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Sri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

benedikt_wagner_mdt
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

1. yes, archive info structure is a must to read archived data if you want to have direct access to a specific workitem (in your case). Otherwise you have to search data sequentially in the archive file. An archive info structure is like a table of content of the archive files.

2. yes, you have to activate an archive info structure. By activiating a table is generated (ZARIX*) and programs are generated. Only active info structures are filled when deletion step is executed. As said ni (1) you need no info structure if you want to read sequentially.

3. archive info structure (ZARIX-table) is filled automatically when deletion step is executed. You can delete archive info structures (or single archiving runs from it) in SARI and create it again there.

4. archive link tables TOA0x and OAC3 (document archiving) have nothing to do with data archiving.

5. no (see 4)

Regards,

Benedikt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Benedikt

Thanks a lot for your valuable reply 

I’ve created a custom report to get archive data.  In report , I got the archived work item related to the business object. Now I need to read the container value of the Dialog work item (archived WI) to know what action user has been performed.

If I get the action number then I will get the action status from table.   Here I couldn’t find the action number in the Dialog work item.

I can see only the below tables in the archive name.

SWPNODE       /         SWPNODELOG /   SWPSTEPLOG  /  SWP_HEADER     /  SWP_NODEWI  /   

SWWCNTP0  /         SWWLOGHIST   /  SWWWIHEAD   /  SWWWIRET  /   SWW_WI2OBJ

Object WORKITEM contains table SWW_CONT and SWW_CONTOB ( table & archive object- tcode DB15) but I couldn’t see this table in archived document.

I am trying to read the container data from table SWWCNTP0 where data is in XML format. Further looking other options how to read the container data. Could you please help if you any idea.

Thanks & Regards,

Sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Useful link

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Looks like class CL_SWF_CNT_XML_SERVICE will help to get the container data(container data is in xml format in table SWWCNTP0 ) but I have no idea how to use. Checking the method to get the data..

benedikt_wagner_mdt
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

I never tried to select data from the workitem. I always use SAP standard to display the archived workflow/workitem.

SAP uses report RSWWARCP for this. I suggest to analyse/debug what they do with the container data.

Regards,

Benedikt

Answers (0)