Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API Key authentication in SAP for SAP Odata Gateway

satyajit_mohapatra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have an OData Gateway in SEGW transaction in SAP, which is being called by a third party system to 'POST' data into SAP ECC custom tables.

Now the requirement is API key authentication, when the call is made to SAP. The third party will send a parameter in the URL as ?apikey=<key>, which needs to be authenticated in SAP before a POST is made to SAP table. I'm only aware of Basic authentication required, which is SAP credentials in Base64 format from the third party system, which is being done already and also the CSRF authentication is being used. Not sure whether any mechanism exists to have an API key authentication for Odata Gateways in SAP ECC and how to generate these keys in SAP ECC. Usually they are used for making outbound calls from SAP to APIs.

Kindly let me know whether any procedure exists to generate the same.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

satyajit_mohapatra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Any thoughts? It seems generation of API key in ECC is not possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

handling API Keys is a standard feature of SAP HCP, API management . Have you looked into that? You could use the Trial version and give it a try.

Regards,

Holger.

satyajit_mohapatra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Holger,

Thanks a lot for replying! But I'm on SAP ECC and not able to find anything for API key generation for gateways created through SEGW. It's available only for HCP or SMP platforms. A custom approach for the same is being considered in ECC.