cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI Platform Support Tool Issue: Error Connecting to Tool

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I am facing the issue while validating the URL.

I provided my s-user id and password, it provided the below error. But with the same details i am able to login to SAP portal.

They adviced to contact your team.

Please find the attached screen shot and let me know how to proceed further.

Regards

Venkata Manjunath

+91 9663517089

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Toby_Johnston
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkata,

On this page, you are configuring the web service connection to the SAP Host  Agent on this host.  You should be using the sapadm account credentials (this account runs the SAP HostCtrl service on the server).

Refer to this section of the getting started guide:

Getting Started Guide (BI running on Windows) - Business Intelligence (BusinessObjects) - SCN Wiki

Also, don't forgot to copy the operations.d folder to the server as per this section:

Getting Started Guide (BI running on Windows) - Business Intelligence (BusinessObjects) - SCN Wiki

Let me know if you face any issue on this.

Regards

Toby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Toby,

Thanks for your response.

I successfully installed SAP Host Agent and also initiated password.

But how ever i am facing issue while installing BI platform support tool. Antivirus detecting Trojan issue. Please find the screen shot and let me know how to proceed further.

Regards

Venkata Manjunath

Toby_Johnston
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkata

This is the first I've seen this happen with the BIPST extractor (there is no actual installation here, just unzipping).  However, we ship with the BIPST the SAP client plugin which does erroneously does show up in the virus scanner.  Here's a KB Article about this:  1844311 - SAPClientPlugin.exe from attachment of note 1435190 detected as containing a trojan by Ant...

I'm looking into this now with highest priority and will report back asap

Thanks

Toby

Toby_Johnston
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkata,

We have determined the virus detection to be a false positive.  More information and the solution can be found in this KB Article:

2371780 - BISupportTool64.exe detected by virus scanner and BI Platform Support Tool client will not...

If you have any questions on this, please let me know.

Thanks
Toby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Toby,

Thanks a lot for updating.

Could you please let me know how to find the JMX port number in order to validate the configuration. I gave 8008 but it thrown an error indicating configuration validation failed for this node.

Regards

Venkata Manjunath

Toby_Johnston
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkata,

The JMX port is defined by the following Java property set on Tomcat

-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port

Here's a tutorial on configuring JMX for Apache Tomcat

https://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=439649886

Let me know if you have further questions on this.

Regards

Toby