Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 production orders created for a single item in a sale order

former_member220469
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am facing a situation where 2 production orders have been created for the same item in sale order. Production order have been created by converting the planned orders (which are generated as a result of MRP run wrf sale order in MD50). Please let me know how to resolve this issue and what settings i need to check here

There is no planning strategy assigned for the sale order item and lot size is EX...

Regards,

J.Balakrishnan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member185450
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Bala,

This could be partially conversion of planned orders to production orders in MTO Environment  i.e. first time MRP has generated the planned order for total quantity by that user has converted the planned order to production order by changing the conversion quantity

next time MRP will generate the planned order for remaining qty..by that time user can be able to convert planned order to production order

Regards,

Venkatesh..

former_member220469
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Sale order item has quantity of only 1 Ea..out of which 2 different planned order/production order created

former_member194456
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

I have a doubt here. Might be one production order is created manually with CO08.

Please confirm if you are able to see the Planned order number in both the Production order in the assignment tab.

Regards

SS

former_member220469
Participant
0 Kudos

There is a planned order for both the production orders. both are different planned orders.

former_member208398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

J.Balakrishnan,

Please provide MD05 screenshot.

BR,

Rajen

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

This is usually a rescheduling issue. Please take a look on the WIKI below for an example of this kind of issue?

https://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERPMan/What+is+rescheduling+and+how+does+it+work

Regards,

Caetano

former_member220469
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi rajen,

MD04 and MD05 are blank for the material..there is no requirements, firmed receipts and procurement proposals there in it..

J.balakrishnan

former_member220469
Participant
0 Kudos

I checked the plant level customization for rescheduling check it has 100 days as rescheduling horizon with no tolerance limits..The sale order item has the requirement delivery date of 18.08.2016 and the confirmed scheduled date of 19.08.2016. The first production order was converted from planned order on 28.07.2016 and the second production order was on 18.08.2016. As the transaction MD04 for the material is BLANK as the goods receipt for this finished material is completed with both the orders and outbound delivery is also completed for the respective sale order.

Can you please suggest how to analyze this issue

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

Probably it's some issue that happened a long time ago and, at this time, it is no longer possible to track down the root cause of the issue.

One possible explanation for the issue:

1 - Sales order was created with a date in the future.

2 - MRP runs and create a planned order.

3 - The planned order is converted to production order.

4 - The production order date is changed to a date in the future OR the sales order date is changed to an earlier date. With this change, the production order now lies without the rescheduling horizon.

5 - Since the production order now lies in the past, MRP creates a new planned order to cover the sales order requirement.

As I mentioned previously, we cannot tell for sure what happened, since the issue happened in the past and there is not enough information to tell for sure what happened at this point.

Regards,

Caetano

former_member220469
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Caeteno,

Thank you for your valuable suggestions. I will check the order details again in the system as per your advise and revert back

J.Balakrishnan