Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External datasource not loading in lumira

naveen_kumar29091984
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I built a utility using java code,output is coming in eclipse and the same is not populating in lumira after giving BO credential. It keeps on buffering once webi report selected. But data is populating under temp.csv.it is not loading directly into dataset tab

temp.csv  ---C:\Program Files\SAP Lumira\Desktop\daextensions

I built the same way which APOS as it.

Regards,

Naveen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

Could you examine the logs and check if there is some error relevant to your extension and post the errors here? You will find the logs at %temp%/sapvi/logs.

Also, since you say you're using eclipse, I presume you're using Java to write your extension. Would you be interested in converting your extension from the v1 SDK to v2 SDK? I have had much better debugging capabilities while using the v2 SDK. You can have a look at the docs at http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/vi01/en/lum_128_dae_dev_en.pdf.

Regards,

Maaz

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maaz,

We have worked on example from

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/vi01/en/lum_117_dae_dev_en.pdf

and it is working Fine for PREVIEW mode. however the same is not working for REFRESH and EDIT mode can you please suggest the necessary changes to be done for the above modes.

waiting for your reply.

Thanks & Regards,

Nouman

former_member200290
Contributor
0 Kudos

This guide is for Data Access Extensions V1. These are no longer supported and they have been superceded by version 2 which you can find out in the latest version of the guide: http://help.sap.com/lumira

- Trevor

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry Naveen

I don't quite understand, especially this part:

It keeps on buffering once webi report selected.

What's webi got to do with Lumira?

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer Product Support

Follow us on Twitter (#SAPLumira)

Got Enhancement ideas? Use the SAP Idea Place 

naveen_kumar29091984
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

Actually I am bringing my webi output data through external datasource as exe.I am using Lumira 1.29

In eclipse the report is coming when I tried to replicate the same in lumira data set is not loading.

Regards,

NK

former_member200290
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

Can you please further explain? Did you create a Lumira Data Access Extension that reads a Webi Doc to get the Webi document's data?

Thanks,

Trevor

naveen_kumar29091984
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Trevor,

Yes I did, but when I try to run in eclipse dataset is populating. When I tried to do the same in lumira it is not loading the data. But it is saving as temp file in SAP lumira->DA extension folder. I don’t want again to pull that excel file to lumira, directly it should load in lumira.

Regards,

NK

former_member200290
Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry I missed your reply. I have to ask is the a DA Extension V1 where you create an executable that Lumira then calls or is thius a DA Extension V2 which are JAR files getting loaded directly with-in Lumira?

- Trevor