Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Size category

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have selected the size category for table as zero,what if the number of records exceeds than the limit of size category zero.Will it expands,if it expands will the size category also changes from zero..?

Thanks and regards,

Rahul

6 REPLIES 6

former_member196331
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I hope system will allow you to add more records than the maximum limit of the size category.

Size category will lot changes.It will be remains same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

By setting proper size category during creation of the table you inform the database about expected size of disk space that should be resreved. If you will some day exceed the size database will reserve new buffer for this data. In this way you table will become chunked on disk.

Please refer here for more information:

Size Category - Application Development on AS ABAP - SAP Library

former_member198900
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Size category has given only for initial location setting in DB. example: if you select 0 (data records expected 0 to 4500) that means in initial period the table size in back-end table is highest 4500 data records. And when data reached maximum limit then again in DB that table will allocate 4500 data records and so on.

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi rahul

Did you not check the search help associated with it ?

Regards

Vinita

0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

It is Nothing but the expected or initial that is allocated in the DB, say you have set the size for 4500 records, If this size exceeds the database will automatically allocate space for another 4500 records and so on.

Thanks,

Sundar.

mangesh_parihar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Size Category just defines how many records the table will hold. It is dynamic in nature i.e. if number of records increases in table then size category changes.

Just go to following link. You'll get the idea.

Size Category - Application Development on AS ABAP - SAP Library

Regards,

Mangesh Parihar.