cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UAR - Role Owner approving own request

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Fellow GRC experts,

From a Compliance perspective, we do have a requirement that the role owner should not approve own requests as part of the UAR. Understand there is a parameter in EUP - Approve/Reject Own requests but this is not accomplishing what we are looking for.

Understand there were discussions earlier in this regard but did not see any solid solution as such wanted to check if anyone has overcome this with any feasible solution or did we miss anything that needed to be added as part of the configuration/reports etc?

Any ideas, guidance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Sarada Ganti

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sarada,

I couldn't see what is the default value maintained for that filed but below is for your information:

The EUP configuration can be defined in different ways:

• If maintained as USER or Blank, the user will not be able to approve his own request
  • If maintained as USER AND REQUESTOR, neither user nor requestor can approve the request

Define the field as not editable and not visible as it isn’t required to be seen by the approver.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Shanker. Will do it and see if that would work.

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sarada,

in which EUP did you change the setting? 999 or a specific for the role owner stage? You have to change the setting in that EUP that is mapped to the role owner agent stage. It does not work with 999 (DEFAULT) once you maintained a different one for role owner stage.

Regards,

Alessandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alessandro

We are using the default EUP 999 only as such the changes are done in the default one. We did define only one stage UAR review and probably i will send some screenshots if you don't mind and want to help me out.

Regards
Sarada Ganti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sarada - Isn't it resolved? If not, please share the screen shots

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Shanker.

No we are still facing the issue. we did not do much customization and did only defined the stage and path.

Attached is the screenshots for EUP and MSMP config for stage and path setting.

Since i am not able to attach the document here i will be sending it to you.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards

Sarada Ganti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok Sarada. Once email received, will check and advise you further

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Shanker. i did send it.

0 Kudos

Hi Sarada,

Kindly check on below SAP Note.

1662253 - UAM: EUP 'Approve/Reject Own Request' setting issues.

Kindly confirm on your GRC version and SP level and also screen shot of EUP setting

Regards,

Nihal Shetty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nihal

We are on SP15 so this note is not relevant per our understanding.

the EUP setting is as follows:

Let me know if i am missing anything.

Thanks

Sarada Ganti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarada,

I can see that the Default value for "Approve/Reject Own Requests" EUP field is set to NO.

This field can have the value BLANK /USER / USER and REQUESTOR as suggested by Shanker.

Can you change the default values one of the above as per the requirement.

Also set Mandatory, Editable and Visible to NO and check

Refer the below DOC for more details

scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-55401

Regards,

Manju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manju

Did change the default value to USER AND REQESTOR. However i was able to approve my own request as a role owner. The system did not give any error message nor alert.

Also, noted that when the request is approved, there is no CLOSE button and only one available at this point is CANCEL which doesn't make sense.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be helpful.

regards
Sarada Ganti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarada,

Have you also set the field Visible to NO as the main conditions to approve or reject own requests will be only on the fields "Default Value" and "Visible".

Regards,

Manju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manju

Yes the Visible field is set to NO and still the issue is not resolved.I was able to approve the role assigned to my id as a role owner.

Regards
Sarada Ganti