cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WM initial stock upload & GR date for FIFO std pick strategy (F)

matteo_bongiorno
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello gurus,

i have to upload the Wm stock in a new SAP system. At the moment WM stock is managed in an external system.

My issue is about the good receipt date used by the strategy fifo to determine the stock during the To creation. I have to upload the GR date coming from the external system in order to guarantee the FIFO in SAP WM as in the old system. This date can be very far in the past...

How can i upload the data, considering the good movement posting date must be the same for all the record for MM purposes?

Thanks in advance.

bye

M.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

raghug
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe if the material is not batch managed and there is no SLED (I might be missing a couple of conditions), you can use LS22 to change the GR Date on individual Quants.

I seem to remember restrictions to this, but I just tried on our system and I could change any Quant.

Another way to tie it to the initial data upload process, is to do an inventory count to add the stock instead of an IM movement. When adding new quants, it will ask for a GR Date.

matteo_bongiorno
Participant
0 Kudos

the stock is batch managed.

it is possible to change GR date using LS22, thanks a lot.

I will upload the stock at the same date and then change each quant using a batch input on LS22...

bye

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If FIFO is important for you then you should manage the material with batches.

Solely using WM and last goods receipt date for this purpose has its limitations with addition to existing stock and mixed storage, and you have now reached a new limitation.

You can't get the last receipt date over in a migration using the SAP standard transactions.

You can only create a program that does a hard table update after your load to overwrite the new determined dates with the dates from your source system.