cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

operation not yet implemented error

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Professional Edition on a machine running Windows 7 ultimate edition. I installed SAP Crystal Reports, version for Visual Studio 2010 and 64-bit SAP Crystal Reports runtime engine for .NET framework 4. Afterwards, I made a sample report rptUserList.rpt that showed data from a SQL Sever 2008 table. The report displayed accurately in crystal report viewer on Windows 7 machine. Then I installed 64-bit SAP Crystal Reports runtime engine for .NET framework 4 on server machine running windows server 2012 R2. However, when I deployed the report on server, it showed the following error:

Error:

Not implemented. Error in File rptUserList {}.rpt: Operation not yet implemented.

I am deploying the files on server using the Publish Web Site option of Visual Studio 2010. This option creates a folder of compiled files that I copy on the application folder on the server.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member207665
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aziz,

- Which DB connectivity is used in the reports?

- How is the application compiled in Visual Studio, is it x86 or x64 compilation?

- What have you set in the application pool setting where it ask you to "Enable 32 bit application"? It should be set to false.

- What is the service pack of CR for VS?

- Is it the same on your Windows machine and the Server machine?

Regards,

Vinit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vinit Shete.

Which DB connectivity is used in the reports?

I have selected OLE DB (ADO) and then Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server in the crystal report.

The code for ConfigureCrystalReports is as follows:

Private Sub ConfigureCrystalReports()

Try

Dim myConnectionInfo As ConnectionInfo = New ConnectionInfo()

myConnectionInfo.IntegratedSecurity = True

myConnectionInfo.ServerName = cn.DataSource

myConnectionInfo.DatabaseName = cn.Database

Dim reportPath As String = Server.MapPath("rptUserList.rpt")

userreport.Load(reportPath)

myCrystalReportViewer.ReportSource = userreport

Catch ex As Exception

Response.Write(ex.Message)

Response.End()

End Try

End Sub

How is the application compiled in Visual Studio, is it x86 or x64 compilation?

I compile the application by right-clicking the project in solution explorer and selecting Publish Web Site. I have installed 64-bit runtime.

What have you set in the application pool setting where it ask you to "Enable 32 bit application"? It should be set to false.

??

What is the service pack of CR for VS?

The folder names of installations are CRforVS_13_0 and CRforVS_redist_install_64bit_13_0. I installed same CRforVS_redist_install_64bit_13_0 on development machine and server machine.

kaus19d
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Maybe its issue with some of your security updates, so can check the below way 7 see whether these security patches are dominating in your Server:-

Control Panel –> Program & Features –> View installed updates and Search for KB3102429 and KB3104002 right click and uninstall.

Maybe its issue with the fonts. Please check the below,

Crystal Report Export To PDF Error : Operation not yet implemented | The ASP.NET Forums

Also if not solved after that, then could check on the below,

Operation not yet implemented Error on Windows 8.1 | SCN

https://scn.sap.com/thread/2084737

Thanks,

Kaushik

0 Kudos

Hi Aziz,

First, you did not integrate CR for VS into VS. READ the download page

Please note: To integrate "SAP Crystal Reports, developer version for Microsoft Visual Studio" you must run the Install Executable. Running the MSI will not fully integrate Crystal Reports into VS. MSI files by definition are for runtime distribution only.

Fix your install first, uninstall both 32 and 64 bit MSI's. Then run the first LINK which is an EXE to install into Visual Studio, it also prompts you to install the 64 bit runtime.

Second issue is you are using the original release we are up to SP 17 and SP 18 is due out this week also.

In the project properties you can use IIS or the default IISExpress to test in VS. Although not sure how to start IISExpress in 64 bit mode. If you are using IIS then set the App Pool 32 bit to false:

On the download page also note what SP Windows 2012 server is supported.

Once you upgrade to SP 17 or 18 then all should work.

Use Fiddler to check security settings also, you will likely get other errors because IIS does not have access to the Viewer folder.

Other common issue is you need to use Sessions and PostBack to keep the report in scope as well as the CR code MUST be in the Page_Init section. See KBA 1215387 for how to.

Don

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.

The following worked for me.

Control Panel -> Programs and Features -> View installed updates -> Update for Microsoft Windows(KB3102429) -> Right Click -> Uninstall.

Also checked the following:

inetmgr -> Application Pools -> selected DefaultAppPool -> clicked Advanced Settings.

Enable 32-Bit Applications was False in the Advanced Settings dialog box.

Yes, I am using the original release right now. Can you please guide me to the link of the latest versions/service packs for the following:

SAP Crystal Reports version for Visual Studio 2010

I downloaded from here:

http://downloads.businessobjects.com/akdlm/cr4vs2010/CRforVS_13_0.exe

[Please guide to the latest link]

64-bit SAP Crystal Reports runtime engine for .NET Framework 4

I downloaded from here:

http://downloads.businessobjects.com/akdlm/cr4vs2010/CRforVS_redist_install_64bit_13_0.zip

[Please guide to the latest link]

former_member207665
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aziz,

Green arrow is to integrate into Visual Studio

Red arrow is to distribute to your WEB Server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much. This is very helpful to me.

Now I will do the following:

Control Panel -> Uninstall a program ->  right-click SAP Crystal Reports, version for Visual Studio 2010 and select Uninstall

Then install this version:

http://downloads.businessobjects.com/akdlm/cr4vs2010/CRforVS_13_0_17.exe

Similarly:

Control Panel -> Uninstall a program ->  right-click SAP Crystal Reports runtime engine for .NET Framework 4 (64-bit) and select Uninstall

Then install this version:

http://downloads.businessobjects.com/akdlm/cr4vs2010/CRforVS_redist_install_64bit_13_0_17.zip

kaus19d
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also after un-installation, check in your services.msc, all the regarding services are removed or not or else there are also procedures for that like scdelete & cleanipc commands. Clear the temp & prefetch location too after uninstall.

Thanks,

Kaushik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kaushik.

I will check in services.msc that the associated services are removed and clear the mentioned locations (temp, prefetch).

kaus19d
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aziz Kamal,

Also do check in regedit,

HKEY_HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SAP BusinessObjects\Suite XI 4.0\Crystal Reports\DatabaseOptions\LOV

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\SAP BusinessObjects\Suite XI 4.0\Crystal Reports\DatabaseOptions\LOV

So check after that about the entries in,

[Don] I Removed the link - it was a copy of our Master KBA and an older one - https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2165260

Also if required, check in IIS -> Application Pools.

Also before doing anything, can select & check out if working properly,

Visual Studio :-

Go to Project Properties--> Select Compile Tab-->Click Advanced Compile Options --> Select x64 platform from Target CPU

Thanks,

Kaushik

Message was edited by: Don Williams

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kaushik.

I will check these entries as well so that the new installation works correctly.

Regards,

Aziz

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

DO NOT install the separate 64-bit runtime on your development machine.  The Install Executable will ask if you want to install this as part of its install.  The separate runtime installs are for use ONLY when deploying your application.

-Dell

0 Kudos

Hi Aziz,

Forget what Kaushik is suggesting about the registry keys or manually doing anything, not required unless you have issues with them, it's just confusing the question.

You do not have to do anything special when uninstalling CR for VS. When you integrate CR for VS on your development PC once it's installed the Installer will ask if you want the 64 bit runtime installed so just click OK.

That is all you need to do on your DEV PC.

PS - SP 18 is out today also, here's the link for it:

http://downloads.businessobjects.com/akdlm/cr4vs2010/CRforVS_13_0_18.exe

Run that one on your DEV PC and that is all, all others are for distribution only.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dell.

When I installed the original release on development machine, I had received the following message in SAP Crystal Reports, version for Visual Studio 2010 Setup:

Setup has detected that you have installed on a 64-bit operating system. In order to develop 64-bit Visual Studio applications, you will need the 64-bit SAP Crystal Reports runtime engine for .NET Framework 4 to be installed. Would you like to install the 64-bit runtime?

However, at that time, I unchecked Yes, install 64-bit runtime and installed it separately. This time, I will implement your suggestion and install it as part of the install.

Regards,

Aziz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Don.

Thank you so much for updating about the link of SP 18. I will now move from original release to SP 18, the updated and the latest version.

Can you please also guide me to the relevant sap wiki/blog page link where I can read about the announcements of latest updates/release/service packs related to SAP Crystal Reports, version for Visual Studio as soon as they are announced.

Currently, I read this wiki for the updates:

SAP Crystal Reports developer version for Microsoft Visual Studio - Updates and Runtime Downloads - ...

Regards,

Aziz

0 Kudos

What's been fixed etc,. link i s on that page, right next to the download linkfor SP 18 for VS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Don.

This Fixed Issues link is also very helpful:

SAP Crystal Reports, developer version for Microsoft Visual Studio - Service Pack 18 - Fixed Issues ...

Regards,

Aziz

Former Member
0 Kudos

It could be a Microsoft update that is breaking crystal.

Have a look at your windows updates for KB3102429, if you the version you have installed is not dated 12/02/2016 then you have the broken version installed.

Microsoft in their wisdom made the update that broke some fonts (Arial, Times etc) an automatic update but the one that fixes it is optional.

Go to windows updates select optional updates and install the latest version of this fix.

WARNING: The machine will need rebooting after the update because it updates system fonts!