Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Actual Data from FI to Financial Planning of Portfolio Item

former_member184335
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

Opening a fresh thread after looking in multiple threads.

I am facing problem in pulling FI data posted against a WBS element in one of the cost element.

I am using PPM 6.0 and EHP7 FOR SAP ERP 6.0. All the ECC and PPM installed in the same server. I have integrated cProject with Portfolio Item and creating WBS element from cProject using account integration.

I have mapped the Cost elements to the Financial Groups in the configuration : Map Fin/Cap Entities to Project Management Rate.

If I run the report RPM_FICO_DATA_TRANSFER it asks for RFC destination, but in my case PPM is installed in same server as in ECC. Subsequently if I run report /RPM/FIN_PLAN_INT it tells no data found.

Any assistance ? Which PPM table it stores the data and how to fix this.

Qn 1) Is there any problem if we install PPM and ECC in one server ?

Qn 2) Is there any program which can run without RFC destination ?

Qn3) Can we do any sort of configuration in object type, to skip this RFC destination ?

Regards,

AP

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

judith_gabriel
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear AP,

concerning your questions:

Qn1) It´s possible to install PPM and ECC on the same system.

Qn2) Your described scenario is an integration scenario - therefore a RFC-destination is used.

When you have maintained the customizing "Map Financial View to Cost elements" then the costs are

transferred from PS-project to Portfolio Item. For this scenario a RFC-connection is necessary - although

the ECC and PPM is installed on the same system.

You can use report /RPM/FICO_INT_PLANNING with "integration/planning/rollup"-flag then the

values are fetched from PS-project and are transferred to financial views of the item.

Best regards,

Judith

former_member184335
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Judith,

Thanks for your reply. I have managed to establish the RFC connection and the Object links are connected.

I am able to transfer the budget to PS Planning element now.

Do you confirm that in this case (when PPM and ECC lies in one server) we do not need to run the RPM_FICO_DATA_TRANSFER report first to transfer the data to RPM table (RPM_FIDATA) ?

I believe the report /RPM/FICO_INT_PLANNING fetch the data from table : RPM_FIDATA. This table is empty in my case.

I also get an warning "no link exist bet. project system element and portf. and proj. mgmt items" while I run the RPM_FICO_DATA_TRANSFER for specific Portfolio->Bucket->Item.

Please guide.

Regards

AP

judith_gabriel
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear AP,

you can use report /RPM/FICO_INT_PLANNING.

- With selection "integration": The datas are transferred from PS-project to table RPM_FIDATA.

- With selection "planning": The datas are transferred from table RPM_FIDATA to /RPM/FIN_PLAN.

Therefore, you can use the selection "Integr./planning/rollup" to receive the datas from PS-project and to transfer them to the financial planning views.

Also call the documentation of the report which provides further information.

Best regards,

Judith

Answers (0)