cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default Valuation Class in internal transfers (LO)

nachocampana
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello to all, I am working with HANA 1511 SAP versión and I am configuring Split valuation for only one of our plants. What I need is to set a default valuation type for all logistics movements as MIGO 311/313/315/301 etc.

What I found in OMWC transaction (Split val. config transaction) is that there is a posibility to set a default valuation type for external procurement (mov 101), in-house production (261 i think) and promotion (not sure the mov.)....but there is nothing regarding logistics movements such as those that I mentioned.

Is there any config to be done to solve this issue?  or  should I start thinking on a user exit or something else?

Thanks to all!

regards

Ignacio

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in-house production does not refer to 261, the default is about procurement, which means purchase order for external procurement and production order for internal procurement, nothing different to what the F1 field help already explains, and this means basically then the 101 movement that benefits from this default in the referencing document.

I  wonder how a default valuation type per movement type could really be useful, the valuation type is like a batch number (even entered into the same field if your goods are not batch managed) , the movement has to have the valuation type of the stock that is moved. A default can just be annoying if it has to be changed in half or more of all postings.

In short if you need that, then it requires coding.

nachocampana
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen, thanks for your reply.

I understand the diference between batch and val.type as you mentioned.

What my client want is to set a special valuation for those materials that the laboratory department can fix, and then move them to a special SL, everything in the same plant. I told them that a Split valuation may work because we can set a NEW val.type ($10) to all materiales that are new and if one brakes in any part of the production line, this one can be changed to BROKE ($1) val.type and after, if lab can fix it, it can be changed to FIX val.type ($3). As this happends not so often, the idea is that all movements inside this plant should be done by NEW val type as default.

Thanks.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

as said, you need coding, use MB_MIGO_BADI and its method LINE_MODIFY