cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict unauthorised users to use WBS elements while creating Purchase Requisitions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

There is a requirement from a client to restrict users from using WBS Elements while creating Purchase Requisitions.

Please advise different options, on how to restrict unauthorized users to access WBS Elements while they create PR such that they don't consume budget assigned against any project.

Regards,

Debanjan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ritzm
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Debanjan,

If only the person responsible for the WBS is suppose to do this, still an enhancement would be required to achieve this.

1) First, there has to be a mapping between person responsible on the WBS and SAP user id. SAP user id can be entered in WBS's user-fields tab.

2)When the user enters the WBS in the account assignment field, system need to check the SYUSER ID with the SAP user id maintained in the WBS. If it does not match system can throw error, thereby restricting unauthorized creation of PR.

Hope this help you.

Regards

Ritesh

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I came across these possible ways to restrict users:

1. Control with Project Type (Authorization Object C_PRPS_ART)

2. Control with ACL: This method is not possible. As in my project there the PR is not created using WBS element. It is created by using Transaction ME51N.

3. Person Responsible with WBS (Authorization Object C_PRPS_VNR) : In This Scenario can I assign an Authorization Key and map it to user status.

4. Enhancement (CNEX0002)

Please suggest me with the possibilities of using Point 1, 3 and 4 and the process by which I can achieve the solution.

Regards

Debanjan

0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using these control. We have created a z-table where combination of project definition, person responsible and user id is maintained and this combination is checked at the time of creation of PR. If the check fails, system throws an error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debanjam,

It seems process requirement is to disable project budget consumption when a purchaser is "starting creating PR till he saves it". Right? it means you want to temporarily lock the project so that no one can make any kind of labor, material & financial postings.

Why not ask purchaser to keep project open till PR is saved in CJ02 so that no one can post cost on it.

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Debanjan,

Well, it depends on how your business wants to do it.

1. You can use person responsible field, but will the same person raise the PR ?

2. Use Su24 transaction to find out the different authorization check possible in SAP for CJ20N and ME51N, else you need to create a custom object to link both.

3. Check the Authorization field C_PRPS_VNR - Project Manager Authorization for WBS element.

4. Other Authorization objects like S_PRO_AUTH, S_PROJECT, which looks common in both CJ20N and ME51N.

5. You can also think about completely enhance the solution by maintaining a Z table with the WBS element and Person ID / email / SAP ID. This can be checked at ME51N, whether the user is allowed to perform. In this concept you can think about giving access to multiple users also.

Above points are the observation, not practically tested, so need to check the functionality and see how it satisfy your requirement.

Regards

Terence

ritzm
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use ACL (Access Control List) functionality to restrict the access of WBS elements/activity to certain users. This will allow only certain authorized users to create the PR from CJ20N only.

However, please check of the same works for ME51N transaction because PR can be created manually for projects.

Regards

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

In this case, the PR is created by ME51N. So activating ACL will not make any difference.

Can we control the users by Person Responsible in WBS.

Regards

Debanjan

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Debanjan,

There is a difference in restricting WBS as account assignment in general or resticting specific WBS-elements for specific people.

In a second case you cannot really go for an authorisation object, but need to check if there is a relationship between the user and WBS-element.  That can be done as customer enhancement on data saving.

Regards,

Paulo