cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip Code Visualization

kelly_jacobsma
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi, we are using Lumira version 1.30.0 (soon to be upgrading to 1.31.1)- one of the main visualizations we want to work on is volume by zip code.

Currently we are not using anything outside of the base version (i.e. no ESRI).  We are pretty new to this - so I apologize in advance, but can anyone offer us some assistance or knowledge on how to implement the esri ArcGIS?  Or is there another way to get to the zip code level?

We have found we can get to the county level with our hierarchies- but the visualizations don't allow us to get to the zip code & that is ultimately what we are looking for.

If its that we are required to use the esri ArcGSI option, that's fine (looking for tips / hints). Or if there is another option (I have seen some postings on using google maps as an extenstion)- we are open to anything as long as we are able to get to the zip code level in the visualization.

thank you in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vincentdechandon
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Kelly.

To be quick, using what's native in Lumira in terms on geomaps won't let you blend your KPI at the ZIP Code levels.

Geomaps provide hard-coded geodata, but no ZIP Code in it, and if you do not have ArcGIS already implemented on your side, you won't be able to use as well with the ESRI Maps.

As Iver said, Galigeo extension is the right way to go.

To be truly clear, I work for Galigeo.

Good news for you is that Galigeo For Lumira embeds US Zip Codes by default so won't have to configure anything.

Note that Galigeo For Lumira also let you add your own geographic layer, no matter if they are administrative boundaries, custom territories, railroads, ... and drill-down through them, extract relevant data using advanced spatial tools (isodistance, drive-time, ...).

The official link to download the extension is here : http://www.galigeo.com/products-overview/location-intelligence-products/sap-lumiraform/

(if you look at the first screenshot under "Key Features", you'll see some Zip Codes in it!)

Also, you can take a look at these quick videos thats showcase the product core features : Lumira How-To Series (1/6) - Get Started with geomapping in Lumira - YouTube

Anyway, do not hesitate to send me a private message right here on SCN (I've added you as contact, just do the same), and we can start to discuss more about your odds.

Br,

Vincent

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

IvervandeZand
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

HI Kelly,

you might want to take a look at Galigeo for this (www.galigeo.com) which can perfectly handle your request.

cheers

iver

vincentdechandon
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you dear friend !