Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Input Parameter - Optional value input not working

ssurampally
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I have created an input parameter, used in a calculation view on one of the columns. I did not make that IP as mandatory, so I can run the model output without passing a value to input parameter also,

However if I don't pass a value to input parameter, it is taking equal to "blank value' for that column during the model execution.  So that means, I must pass a value to the input parameter in order to work as filter on column right?

In the SAP help documentation, says that, the value mentioned in default value setting of IP is taken as input  if we don't pass the input value during run time. Can we specify a default value to 'all'  how to  specify that?  so that, if user inputs a value take that, otherwise filter to be ignored.

I am thinking going for variable is the alternative option for this requirement,  so with that, I can't really push down my filter to the lowest nodes in the model, correct?

THanks

Sreekanth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pfefferf
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the discussion here:

It describes how you can make your input parameter optional using the match operator in a filter expression.

Regards,

Florian

Answers (0)