cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Flow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All:

Can anybody explain me the data flow from APO to R/3? My intention is to know about prod (conf), production (planned), distribution receipts (conf),(plan) and(TLB). What are these? How these get converted to process orders, purchase requistion, production orders? I'm really confused in figuring out what is what?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Manasa.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks so much, very nicely explained. This is so convincing as you are explaining, but I guess I really dont start understanding it unless I start working on it :).

Manassa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

<b>Production Planned:</b> Based on the demand at the production location, when MRP ( Heuristics/CTM/Optimizer) runs the production planned qty( PLANNED ORDER) is generated by the system.

<b>Production Planned Confirmed:</b> Using deployment, you convert the production planned into production confirmed( Planned Order which are Fixed) and then send these orders using C5 to R3.

<b>Distr Receipt Planned</b>: Based on the demand, again when the MRP runs, the distribution demands are generated on the source locations and the distribution receipts on the destination locations.

Dist Rec Planned( Stk Transfer Requisitions or Purch Req) is the one generated by the system during the MRP run.

<b>Dist Receipt Confirmed:</b> Using Deployment, the dist demand planned are converted into dist demand confirmed at the source locations which leads to the Dist Receipt Confirmed at the destination location or receiving location

You send these Dist Receipt Confirmed ( at the receiving location) or the Dist Demand Confirmed( Source Location) - One and the same to R3 as a Purch Req

In R3 , you convert all these Purch Req into a Purchase Order which appear as Dist Demand( TLB) Confirmed in APO Planning Book

Let me know If this helps, or else I will try to explain in more detail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

Thank you for your explanation. I dont have any knowledge in APO. I work in BW and I need to get Planned Production and Actual Production from APO. APO Technical people talk about all these terms, I need info on process orders, purchase req which one comes after what? What is MRP run as well?

Thanks,

Manasa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've some more to mention. They also talk about getting these Production planned and conf for two time frames, History and future. They say for future we might want to pull it from SNP and R/3 for history becuase some orders disappear from R/3. The time frame to capture is very tricky it seems. Needless to say I'm confused everytime I sit with them. Please let me know more on pulling from SNP and R/3. How do I know source and target locations in APO datasource, we already created one for aggregate AMALO. But it has only one location.

Thanks,

Manasa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manasa,

I completely understand your confusion. I suggest you read through help.sap.com to understand the APO architecture.

Your question is too broad.. However I will try to answer as much as I can.

The BW reports are generally taken from the APO - PLanning Books in which transactional data( Purch Req, Planned Ordes, Purch Orders, Sales Orders, etc) is stored temporarily in the Live Cache unlike R3 where the data is stored in Oracle database tables.

So this is the reason, backups are constantly taken into APO BW from the live cache.

This is an example template to map the data

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=p0sEi3F8tW8OYRRWQHexhOw

Question: How do I know source and target locations in APO datasource, we already created one for aggregate AMALO. But it has only one location.

9AMALO has characteristics APO Product, APO Location, APO Planning Version, and Key Figures.

A Product exists at both the destination location and the source location.

When you take a report of all the Key Figures( Production Planned, Dist Receipt Planned, Dist Receipt Confirmed, Production Planned Confirmed, etc) It will generally be for a location. Dont worry about whether it is a source or destination location. You will be taking the report for all locations and depending on the location( Source or Destination) some of the key figures( Production Planned, Dist Receipt Planned, Dist Receipt Confirmed, Production Planned Confirmed, etc) will be blank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Basic MRP Definition:

To run the replenishment requirement of all materials at a plant. Each plant will determine the frequency of running MRP - every other day, once a week. The purpose of MRP is to ensure the right material arrives at the right place at the right time. The MRP run is used to automatically generate planned orders or purchase requisitions enabling the replenishment of materials depleted by consumption and the planning of known requirements. The system tries to achieve a balance between optimizing needed materials and minimizing costs by keeping inventory levels at a minimum and having no stock outages.

An MRP system is intended to simultaneously meet 3 objectives:

Ensure materials and products are available for production and delivery to customers.

Maintain the lowest possible level of inventory.

Plan manufacturing activities, delivery schedules and purchasing activities.

*******************************************************************************************

Data in SNP is maintained in Buckets( Weekly or Daily or Monthly).

The data for these key figures( Prod Planned conf, Prod Planned) keeps changing whenever the planning picture changes or whenever MRP runs( Heuristic, CTM, Optimizer- Different MRP runs in APO). So you will have to capture the data into BW before the next planning change or MRP run.

Thats the reason the timing is of importance.

Look at this sample report sheet.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=p0sEi3F8tW8MIcEMxxZELMw&hl=en_US

In R3, you have the history of all the Production Planned COnfirmed( Production Orders). You must have the experience to pull out these kind of reports for past sales orders history data, deliveries, etc. This is very similar to that.

In APO, you will be extracting the future data for the Production Planned so that you generated report will help the supplying location to be prepared for future quantities they have to produce.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

This is Suresh, I have read through your posts and really appriciate your explanation.

I am SAP BI Consultant working in APO SNP/PPDS.

I have completed my design in BI(Related to APO SNP/PPDS) for 4 Aggregates:9AMALO, 9AMALORE, 9AMALARE & 9AMARE.

But my KPIs requre to compare the Planned PPDS orders with the Production Actuals.

I confused in desiding the extractors in ECC PP to design the PP Model.

Could you please provide me some information on which extractors we normally use for Production Actuals?

I am gonna create one MultiProvider for the above 4 Aggregates & the Production Actials model to compare the Planned vs Actuals.

I have noticed some standard D.S in ECC PP and are below:

2LIS_04_P_MATNR: Material View from PP/PP-PI

2LIS_04_P_ARBPL: Work Center View from PP/PP-PI

Could you please suggest me on this?

looking forward to hear form you soon.

Many Thanks,

Suresh