Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change customerID in customer-specific solution

former_member201819
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Dev-Experts,

we are facing an inconvenient situation.

We developed a solution on our dev tenant which was intended to be a customer-specific (for one of our customers) or solution template.

But accidentially, it is a customer-specific solution for the "CustomerID" of our own company.

So when I try to deploy it on a customer test-tenant, the following error comes up:

Upload not allowed. Solution is developed for customer xxxxxxxxxx.

Is there a way to change the customerID in the customer-specific solution or migrate it into a multi-customer-solution??

Kind Regards

Pablo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anant_acharya
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Pablo,

Please refer this blog.

http://scn.sap.com/community/business-bydesign/studio/blog/2012/09/27/creating-a-customer-specific-s...

There is no way to do a migration of the existing solutions developed for customer YYYYYYY to your current customer XXXXXXXXXX, since the Customer Name is used to generate the Customer Specific Solution name.

You can try using Switch Customer functionality for the same.

Regard
Anant

former_member201819
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Anant,

the blog post provides a good overview but I can't see any hint regarding my specific question there.

The Administration > "Switch customer" menu entry in the Cloud App Studio is just a functionality to go to another (separated) customer namespace. Or what do you mean by that?

I mean we could just create another version in the customer XXXXXXXXXX namespace copy and paste BO-definitions and ABSL-scripts and then re-generate and adapt user interfaces.

But that seems a dumb approach because everything already exists...just somewhere else.

Kind Regards

Pablo

HorstSchaude
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Pablo,

Of course you can manually  "copy" each and everything from your solution developed for customer XXXXXX to a sloution for customer YYYYYY.

But that seems to be really a dumb approach.

If you need to develop the same for different customers use a "Multi Customer Solution" (MCS).

You need to contact your SAP sales people for this. They will create the solution and then you can start developing.

This  MCS can be deployed for several different customers.

HTH,

Horst

former_member201819
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Horst,

thank you for your reply.

I do understand the concept of MCS but still don't know if there is a resolution for our current situation, that is, if we can somehow change the customer of the existing customer-specific solution or migrate it into a MCS or ST?

Kind Regards

Pablo

anant_acharya
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Pablo,

I discussed this issue with PDI experts, unfortunately you cannot change the customer ID in the customer-specific solution from backed either.

Regard
Anant

former_member201819
Participant
0 Kudos

Allright, thank you for double-checking Anant.

Seems like we'll have to re-create the solution and build all UIs again.

In terms of flexibility, it would be a nice feature if one could export and import all types of dev objects regardless of the solution type...

Kind Regards

Pablo

Answers (0)