cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webi Report Showing Original and Not Translated Strings

0 Kudos

We are trying to get a report to show french text when viewed in french locale. (This is BI Edge 4.1 SP8).

We built the report in Webi, with fields getlocalized("ColumnA") (for example). Via the Translation Management Tool, we then imported the report and specified fields for the "French" content. (see screenshot below).

When we then try to view the report in Webi, the description and report name now appears in French, but all fields within the document are still using the "Original Content" language. From what we have researched, as long as the status of the translation is set to "Final" or "Translated", it should appear in the report.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member190781
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Data Tier Translation:

•No explicit translation is required for the report data. Multilingual  strategy should be applied at the database level i.e. for every column in English; corresponding column of the other language should be defined.

•  For instance, in the Country table, the column for Country description should be defined both in English and French. The English column, named as ‘Country_Name_Desc_En' will hold the Country description in English and the French column as ‘Country_Name_Desc_Fr' will hold the Country description in French.

• At the Universe level, two objects should be created for both English and French database columns as _En and _Fr.

• In report query, use both English and French Fields. In the Web Intelligence Report, display the English or French field by checking the language settings of the user and display the data in the appropriate language using the formula.

‘If GetPreferredViewingLocale() = "fr_CA" Then [Country _Name_Desc_Fr] Else [Country  _Name_Desc_En]’

Refer: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-28493

0 Kudos

Hi, thanks thats helpful but I am just trying to translate the column header names, i.e. "ColumnA".

former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joseph,

I afraid only below components of the report can be translated, Not the actual report data.

• Query Name
  • Prompt
  • Alerters
  • Report Tab Names
  • User defined variables

Thanks

Mani

0 Kudos

Hi, its the column headers I am trying to translate and not the data.