cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to upgrade Crystal Reports

Former Member
0 Kudos

The issue is, and has been attempting to install a licensed upgrade for Crystal Reports using Windows 10 and Microsoft EDGE. I have attempted the installation not only with EDGE but also with Internet Explorer and CHROME.    

Each time consistently attempting the install the following occurrs:  

The download link provided does not install.  I can download successfully, unzip and click the exec setup.exe.  At this point a message appears asking if I want to allow this program to make changes to my system.  I check yes then the message disappears and all processing stops.  I am using Windows 10 with Microsoft Edge.  All assistance greatly appreciated.  

Some help here would be greatly appreciated.  

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member205840
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

If you are trying to install CR2008, OR CR2011 then Winodws 10 would be a problematic one.

Check for supported platforms document for the version which you are trying to install.  If it is not tested on Windows 10 may be that could be the reason for not getting installed.

Thanks,

Sastry

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am attempting to upgrade from cr v10 to cr2016.  Tech specs say that cr2016 is compatible with Windows 10.  I successfully upgraded using the same download on my notebook device from cr v10 to cr 2016.  My notebook os is windows 7.  

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you have Admin rights on the machine where you're doing the install?

-Dell

0 Kudos

What version of Crystal Reports are you trying to install?

Copy the install to your local hard driver and right click on the setup.exe and select Run As Administrator.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tried that and got the same results