cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with ESS while updating Short text multiple time from LPD_CUST for application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team

I am facing issue in ESS Portal to display correct description of any application . Currently we are using ABAP ESS portal . we deployed UK tax forms into ESS . but while testing we found that when we update the link text or description of link and test it in another environment via transport copy .

it appear the old text or link description in ESS portal whereas when i check in the system through LPD_CUST it shows the updated version.

I am not quite sure if ESS take time to update on same day while updating text of the new application multiple times on same day

Updated new version of description as "Display your P11D & P60 forms) in Launch Pad application

After updated new version of ESS still showing old version as "Display P11D & P60 forms)

I tried even after closed all browser session ,restart my system , clear cache etc but seems nothing works . Do you have any suggestion

or way we can see application on ESS with updated version everytime we update it through LPD_CUST . is this synchronise issue which can be resolved ?

Thanks

Aashish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Katja_Ohliger
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Aashish,

you write "test it in another envirionment via transport copy". Please check if the updated texts have been copied, too. When creating transport requests for a launchpad you will get two transport requests: one for the customizing part, the other for the workbench objects. The texts are transported via the workbench request.

Best regards, Katja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Katja

I have copied both customizing and workbench into test environment . I did restart as well to see if this issue should not be persist . But when i open launch pad thrhough LPD_CUST, i am able to see the new text into SAP but when at same time i launch ESS link for same service , I did not recieve the correct text. Even when i tried to debug i found ESS service also passing old text only to ESS, I am not quite sure if SAP take some time may be 24 hours or so to pass it to ESS service because when next day i open ESS portal new text was appearing fine .Sin ce i did not recieve this type of issue earlier to could not judge if this is issue or not.

Thanks

Aashish

Katja_Ohliger
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

next time you might try to reset the shared memory area CL_APB_LPD_SHM_AREA via transaction SHMM. This is where launchpads are stored to improve performance during read.

Best regards, Katja