cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You are not allowed to delete this address. The address is still being used by contact .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP experts,

Our scenario here is using the standard BP Replicate API from the SAP Suite (i.e. CRM -> C4C)

We are currently facing this issue when trying to save a postal address to an Account.
It seems when there is a contact assigned to the Account, it's not possible to change the address via this interface (at least for us).

We get the following error message (see attached).

When there is no contact assigned to the Account, the message gets processed successfully so our content in the payload is not the issue here.

Our master data in C4C was created via manual migration approach, was not initially loaded from CRM to begin with.

We are also not using HCI or PI but rather a 3rd party middleware. I'm currently running tests via SOAP UI and this also occurs.

Furthermore, when we look on the front-end, the contact automatically inherits the address from the Account and there's no way of removing this, or else you run into an error: You can't remove organization address UUID.

Is there something we've missed to enable this to work?

Much appreciated for any insight.

Best regards,

Vincent

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

gabriel_brage
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vincent

Sometimes this can be related to the  addressInformationListCompleteTransmissionIndicator being set as "true" but the payload does not contain any address info, for this reason C4C tries to delete the address from the account but this address is being used by another contact. Therefore, the message will not be processed.

To solve the problem, you can try to check business partner relationships (Contacts) and try to change its address information so  the delete operation can be accomplished . Or you can try to re-replicate the business partner relationships from CRM to be sure that the relationships are synchronized between C4C and CRM and then try to send your message form CRM again.

In case the issue still persists after all these check, then please open an incident to SAP, our expert team will then check this on their side.

Regards

Gabriel Brage

Mugesh
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Vincent,

Would like to confirm whether, you are able to change the address through Mass Data Maintenance or in the respective Account screen ?

Regards,

Mugesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mugesh,

I have not tried from MDM, but from the front-end UI, I can manually edit and change the address in the Account screen and it works.

The contact just inherits whatever address the account has.

Thanks,

Vincent