cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

icm/max_sockets parameter value for Kernel 745 and Basis 750

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are currently having SAP BW system at Basis release 750 and at kernel release 745

The system is installed on Linux x86_64 and have currently ulimit -n value as 128000

when i check the icm parameter icm/max_sockets = 750 which is set in smicm tcode -> in section of Hard limit icm parameters.

But when i check it via rz10 or rz11 this parameter is not known the system.

As per the recommendations in the EWA report it should be 2048 which i am not able to set neither from rz10 nor from smicm.

I have already checked SAP Notes 737625, 2007212 and 538405.but they didnt give any specific answer to this parameter based upon our current scenario.

Any Idea how shall i change or add into the system

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182967
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harsh,

This parameter still exists in NW 7.5 (icm/max_sockets - Internet Communication Manager (ICM) - SAP NetWeaver - SAP Library)

Please maintain it in instance profile using RZ10 then restart SAP applicaiton.

Regards,

Ning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ning,

Thanks for the reply, I checked the help page you mentioned.

My doubt is, if the parameter is still relavent for NW 7.5 then why it shows the message 'The parameter name is not known'  when i tried to search(in rz11).

Even rz11 doesn't show the value of icm/max_sockets which is as per smicm-> parameter list is 750.

Regards

Harsh

former_member182967
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harsh,

Why not try to set this parameter in transaction RZ10 and restart to check the result (just perform this activity in your DEV system. If there is anything wrong, you can still failback.)?

For why it shows unknown parameter, currently I still do not know the reason.

Regards,

Ning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harsh,

If you're not able to see this parameter in RZ11 use Function module TH_CHANGE_PARAMETER to view the parameter.

Though this parameter is not dynamically switchable, so you need to add RZ10 for the given instance.

Ning suggested the same.

Regards

Prithviraj.