cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'SAPCAR' is not recognized as an internal or external command

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Actually I am trying to install NWDS 2.0 SP14 (JIDE14_0-10002804.SAR). I need to unzip/uncar this file, so for that I installed SAPCAR6.40. I installed both these in D:\NWDS 2.0 SP14.

When I go to command prompt and try to do SAPCAR -tvsf JIDE14_0-10002804.SAR, it says " 'SAPCAR' is not recognized as an internal or external command,operable program or batch file ".

I set the path and classpath to D:\NWDS 2.0 SP14\SAPCAR_0-10003696.exe in environment variables.

Do I need to do anything else. Please be informed that my java_home is C:\j2sdk1.4.2_09 and that I do not have SAP AS installed on my system.

Reply me if you need any further informtion.

I need the reply soon. Please guide me.

Thanks in advance

Karthika

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi Klaus,

Thanks for answering.

As you mentioned I change the name of the file to SAPCAR and tried to use the command , it did not work.

One thing I observed is that in the folder that the SAPCAR is located, the file by itself has no extension. So I tried to change the extension to SAPCAR.exe and then I tried to execute

SAPCAR -tvsf JIDE14_0-10002804.SAR and SAPCAR -xvf JIDE14_0-10002804.SAR.

It comes with a alert D:\NWDS 2.0 SP14\SAPCAR.exe is not a valid Win32 applicaion and in command prompt I get "Access Denied".

I am afraid that I have installed the wrong version of SAPCAR.

I have no idea but I need to install NWDS 2.0 SP14 and the necessary SAPCAR.exe also.

Thank you

karthika

Former Member

Hello,

try the following:

1. Rename your <i>SAPCAR_0-10003696.exe</i> into only <i>sapcar.exe</i>

2. Copy this file to your <i>c:\windows\system32</i>-directory

3. Go to <i>Start -> Run...</i>, type <i>cmd</i> and click on the <i>OK</i>-button

4. In the new window only execute the command <i>sapcar</i> -> there should be a output from sapcar

5. If so try to execute the command <i>sapcar -xvf D:\NWDS 2.0 SP14\JIDE14_0-10002804.SAR</i> to extract the package

Hope it works.

Regards,

Norman

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

drummic
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello,

had the same issue under windows 11. Downloaded the sapcarfile and renamed it to sapcar.exe.

Installed it on c:/hanastudio together with the sar files.

Tried to run sapcar <file.sar> and got 'SAPCAR' is not recognized as an internal or external command'.

Solution:

1. Open the folder in the windows power shell from the explorer:

• right mouseclick on the folder
  • open in terminal

2. Run the command: .\sapcar -xvf <filename.sar>

Done.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

For unzip file sapcar -xvf path of file or type cmd and go to

exact location and type sapcar -xvf filename

Thanks & regards

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you

I will try wat you said and will post this question in new thread

Karthika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Norman I am back with another question

I sucessfully installed NWDS, now I am trying to connect to remote server with DTR using create client option.I am sure user/client exists.I get a error "Ping on server http://167.221.44.77:50000/ returned: 501 Not Implemented". I have included 167.221.44.77 in hosts file. In command prompt when I ping 167.221.44.77, I get "Request timed out." & "Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss)"

Thank you

Karthika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Karthika,

sorry for my late reply but yesterday I wasn't at work.

Also I don't have any experiences with using the Developer Studio so I think I'm not a big help for you, sorry.

<i>> In command prompt when I ping 167.221.44.77, I get "Request timed out." & "Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, <b>Lost = 4 (100% loss)"</b></i>

But if you can't ping the remote server at all I think there are only 2 possibilities

1. The server is offline or the network connection is unavailable

2. The connection is blocked by a firewall on the local server, the remote server or a firewall established in the network.

So I think first you have to find out why you can't ping the server.

Also you should open a new thread with a new title for this problem so that other members read it and perhaps can help you.

Regards and good luck

Norman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Norman, I am back with another question.

I installed NWDS successfully and am trying to connect to a remote server in DTR. I created a client and am trying to connect. I am sure the user/client exists. I get a message saying " Ping on server http://167.221.44.77:50000/ returned: 501 Not Implemented". I have added 167.221.44.77 to my hosts file. In command prompt when I ping 167.221.44.77 , I get "Request timed out" & "Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss)"

Am I missing something?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a loot for your help, I was not given admin rights. Now I am able to uncar the SAR file and I will install NWDS. If I have any problem installing it , I will get back to you.

Thanks again

Karthika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Norman

I have downloaded SAPCAR 6.40 from service.sap.com. I have Windows 2003. May be the version of SAPCAR is incompatible with Windows 2003.

I am finding out about my admin rights. As I get the info., I will reply you back.

Thank you

Karthika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Norman,

Thank you soo much for replying. I tried what you said, but I still get the same error when I execute the cmd 'sapcar' in command prompt. The alert is is "C:\WINDOWS\system32\sapcar.exe is not a valid Win32 application", on command prompt I get "Access Denied".

Any further ideas...

Karthika

Former Member
0 Kudos

<i>>The alert is "C:\WINDOWS\system32\sapcar.exe is not a valid Win32 application"</i>

Where do you have this <i>sapcar</i> from?

Try to download it again -> go to <i>http://service.sap.com/patches</i>, on the left <i>Entry by Application Group</i>, then <i>Additional Components</i>, in the list <i>SAPCAR 6.40</i>, <i>SAPCAR 6.40</i>, <i>Windows Server on IA32 32bit</i> and download the file.

After that rename it to <i>sapcar.exe</i> and overwrite the existing file in your <i>system32</i>-folder.

<i>on command prompt I get "Access Denied".</i>

Do you have Admin-rights on the machine?

Regards,

Norman

klaus_keller
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthika,

Perhaps you should reame SAPCAR_0-10003696.exe to SAPCAR.exe or try to execute D:\NWDS 2.0 SP14\SAPCAR_0-10003696.exe -tvsf JIDE14_0-10002804.SAR

Rgds,

Klaus