cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

baseline config and final config

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

can somebody brief me abt the major activities and documents in Baseline config and final configuration?

or please send me any documents regarding the process of Baseline config and final configuration my id is <personal email removed by moderator>

Many thanks in advance

Sivaram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Link: http://help.sap.com/

Path: SAP Best Practices --> Baseline Packages --> Based on SAP ECC 5.00 --> Select Country: for eg, Localized for India --> Technical Information --> Building Blocks --> Select Country for eg, India --> List of Basic Configuration & scenarios will be listed.

Select the required basic configuration / scenario. These will consist of overview, configuration guide, business process, master data &so on ...........

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Reward points if helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shivram,

Baseline & final configuration are a part of your third phase of the implementation project. i.e these comes into picture in realization phase.

The Baseline configuration is designed to configure about 80% of your daily business transactions and all of your master data, and organizational structure.(sales org, D channels, Div , sales document types, pricing, Etc)

The remaining configuration(final configuration) is done in process-oriented cycles. The Business Blueprint is used as the guide for the system configuration, done using the Implementation Guide. After this, data transfer programs, as well as interfaces, need to be tested.

Hope my answer is helpful to you.

Reward sutable points if you find it useful.

Thanks,

Jay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Baseline configuration is configuration of Basic Requirement, such as Sales Order Type, Billing Type, Item Category, Pricing Procedure, respective copy control settings, etc.

Based on Baseline config, we can do the fine tunings & necessary customization to meet the exact requirement (baring exceptions & gaps identified) of the client. This will be an part of Final Configuration.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

email Sent.

Regards,

Myriam

Former Member
0 Kudos