cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unlock an object locked by a transport request

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

i have created an infoobject and did necessary changes in TR,UR,ODS and CUBE..now i saved it in a request but that request failed. now when i am trying to transport it through other request a warning is coming that "object was written to new request"...

now what should i do? if i ignore warning will second request too fail...and how to solve this problem?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member

Hi Saurabh,

Goto SE03 and unlock.

Regards,

RaKi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once a transport has been released, all locks for the BW objects in it are released. So assuming that you have released your first transport (the workbench request and the associated task lists), the new warning message you are getting is obviously some other transport request which hasnt been released yet.

If this is the case, find the user that owns the request (se10), and ask him/her to unlock the request.

hope this helps

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

it is simple go to SE03 and unlock the objects and release the request in SE09

OK

HARI GUPTA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Advice: Do not transport everything in one big transport. Cut it up in small transports.

Transport 1: the infoobjects (if you made new ones) with their catalogs,

Transport 2. the infopackages (which will also collect dependent objects like datasource/infosource, etc)

Transport 3: The ODS and updaterules

Transport 4: datamart infopackages (with dependent objects again)

Transport 5: Infocube + updaterules

Transport 6: Process chain

This will give you grip on the matter and you'll know exactly where you forgot to collect something and makes fixing it a lot easier.

Ed

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks but i would like to know about overwrite option.as it is showing that one request which is released has locked one object.and i am transporting it again with new request bt its showing locked object.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I hope you're transporting the requests with overwrite options for BW requests.

Ignore the waring and go ahead to transport the second one.

Regards, Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you please explain how to use overwrite option.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Goto SE09 -> Select the request -> Menu utilities->Reorganize -> merge request ..

It will merge two request into one and this can be transported without any inconsistency/error.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Mr Kapadia

Assigning points is the way to say thanks in SDN.

Former Member
0 Kudos

one request is released but was not transported and other is available...above solution is not working in these cases.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Saurabh,

But what is the reason for request failure.

First collect the IO catalog which has the new infoobject in a new request.transport that to target production.

The you collect respective UR, TR and ODS and transport that to target system. This will lead smooth transportation.