4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 29, 2012 10:34 AM by vijay kumar RSS

difference between purchase requistion and purchase orsder

hari prasad
Currently Being Moderated

hi abap gurus 

can u pls tell what is the difference b/w difference between purchase requistion and purchase order in detail and tell  what r the mandatory fields reqd to create one purchase order .

• Re: difference between purchase requistion and purchase orsder
    krishna kamma

Hi

Purchase requistion is raising the purchase request in purchase department.

Purchase order is placing the order in sap .

EKKO and EKPO are tables for purchase order

EKKN  is the purchase requ table.

Check the Transaction code ME21N.

Thanks

Anji Reddy Vangala

Hi

<b>Purchase Requisition-> STaff in an orgn places Pur requisition for want of some goods/products - ME51</b>

Related Table EBAN

Request for Quotation(RFQ)-> The Purchase dept in the orgn calls/requests for the quotation for the products against which PR was raised. - ME41

Vendor Evaluation->After receving the RFQ's, after comparison a Vendor is finalised based on the terms and conditions.

<b>Purchase Order(PO)-> Pur order was issued to that vendor asking him to supply the goods/products -ME21N</b>

Tables:EKKO,EKPO

Goods Receipt Note(GRN)->Vendor supplies the material/Products to the orgn-

MB01

Goods Issue (GI)  -> People receives their respective itesm for which they have placed the Requisitions

Vendor, Material ,Qty  are mandatory for PO.

Reward points if useful

Regards

Anji

vijay kumar

Hi Hari,

A purchase order is a formal request or instruction from a purchasing organization to a vendor or a plant to supply or provide a certain quantity of goods or services at or by a certain point in time.

A purchase order (PO) consists of a document header and a number of items.

Steps :

1. Account Assignment - Costs can be apportioned among various Controlling objects

via the account assignment.

2. Vendor Confirmations - Vendors can issue confirmations to the relevant purchasing

organization indicating their compliance or non-compliance with scheduled delivery

dates.

3. PO History - The transactions following on from a purchase order are documented in

the PO history on an item-specific basis.

4. Partner Roles - Instead of the vendor as the order recipient, other business partners

can appear in various partner roles (e.g. goods supplier or invoicing party).

5. Plant - In the purchase order, each item is destined for a certain plant. Each plant

belongs to a company code, to which the vendor’s (creditor’s) invoice is directed.

6. Texts - You can enter text in a purchase order directly or change texts that are

suggested by the system. There are two kinds of text:

a) Header text: applies to the entire document

b) Item text: applies only to the relevant item.

Transaction Code for Po creation is ME21N.

In ME21N, You must Enter the Item, Material, Quantity, Delivery date, order unit, currency, vendor and pur. Group and so on.

Purchase Requistion :

PURCHASE REQUESITION TCODES ARE

me51n - create

me52n - change

me53n -display

Collective Release of Purchase Requisition by Account Manager - Web (ZME55)

Purpose

Use this procedure when you to collectively or individually review purchase requisitions and either approve and release or reject requisition line items.

Trigger

Perform this procedure when a purchase requisition has been created and awaits approval by an authorized Account Manager.

Prerequisites

A purchase requisition has been created and saved by a Requisitioner.

Menu Path

Use the following menu path(s) to begin this transaction:

· Select Logistics è Materials Management è Purchasing è Purchase Requisition è Release è Collective Release to go to the Collective Release of Purchase Requisitions (1) screen.

Transaction Code

ZME55

Helpful Hints

Field names are either (R) Required, (O) Optional, or (C) Conditional. Required terms must be provided to continue through the transaction process.

Thanks.

Actions