cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS Framework Homepage

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I imported ESS BP version 6.2 and I started to customize its homepage, see following documentation on the link Adjusting Area Group Pages and Area Pages

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/f6/263359f8c14ef98384ae7a2becd156/frameset.htm

the problem I realized is that customizing on ECC and ESS homepage on the portal don't match. As instance customizing contain three entries in the table concerning services add at the area, while on the portal I see only two links in the related area.

Have you an idea for the problem?

TNX

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mik,

I feel that you have not configured the URL for PCD page correctly for the mentioned service in the backend. Maintain that correctly and you will see all the three services.

Regards,

Shubham

Former Member
0 Kudos

actually I'm talking about ESS standard services, also for them I have to maintain PCD URL?

Former Member
0 Kudos

just verify that everything is fine in the customization at the backend. This problem is mainly due to this.

Regards,

Shubham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shubham,

I had a look to the following message you inserted in a different topic:

Hello Mik,

Have you changed the location of the ESS BP in the PCD?

Have you customized your services, areas in the backend properly?

Try running ESS Menu outside portal. You can run http://<servername>:<portname>/webdynpro/dispatcher/<DomainName>/XssMenu

<DomainName> can be 'sap.com' for standard services.

Now goto Personal Information scenarios. Do you see the services. If not then there are no services defined in the Pers Info area at the backend. You have to do this customization. If you can see the services here, then check the URL for PCD page for all the services, then goto your portal and in the PCD check whether these iViews exist for the defined path.

I did not change PCD location of ESS BP and I have done homepage customizing.

It was really useful to realize that there is difference between homepage via portal and external. In external way I can see all services that are set on ECC, is not the same for portal.

At the moment I did not understand the reason, could depend on cache setting?

PS: for standard service there is not URL for PCD page

bye

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mike,

Since you have said for standard service, there is no URL for pcd page mentioned, hence you are not able to see any service in the portal.

If you have see the services, you have to define URL for PCD page in the 'Define Resources' section of IMG.

If you have imported the ess business package in the default location, you can try defining following URL for PCD page for one personal information service and check if this works.

ROLES://portal_content/com.sap.pct/every_user/com.sap.pct.ess.employee/com.sap.pct.ess.roles/com.sap.pct.ess.employee_self_service/com.sap.pct.ess.employee_self_service/com.sap.pct.ess.area_personal_information/com.sap.pct.ess.serv_personal_information

Regards,

Shubham

Former Member
0 Kudos

great, that's it, now it works, 10 points for you

Anyway, I did not realize why, for certain service, it works properly I mean according with customizing, even if there is not PCD URL for them. Do you know it?

TNX

bye

Former Member
0 Kudos

A bit overdue, but in case anyone else comes across this problem, read note 808111

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mik,

did you figure out why standard services work without "URL for PCD page" property set?

do I need to maintain "URL for PCD Page" property for standard services?

regards,

Tiberiu

Answers (0)