cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOIO - Could not fail message - Predecessor not in final state

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm using the File Adapter to send messages EOIO and have now a lot of messages stuck with status "HOLDING". When trying to delete the first message with status holding (according to sequential number in the message monitor log) I get the error:

com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.impl.app.AdminException: Failed to cancel the message locally. 
Reason: Could not fail message cb79d5b0-0844-11dc-92ac-0003ba15f2ae(OUTBOUND), as triggered by admin action. 
Reason: Predecessor not in final state.

I also cannot not find any message with error in it that could hold up the queue.

I know this question has been up in the forum before, but I can simply not find the

"<i>Predecessor not in final state</i>".

Is there any other way to find the failing message?

Best Regards

Olof

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor

This blog by Stefan Grube shows what needs to be done,

<a href="/people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/04/27/how-to-deal-with-stuck-eoio-messages-in-the-xi-30-adapter-framework">How to deal with stuck EOIO messages in the XI 3.0 Adapter Framework</a>

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bhavesh,

The problem is however that I can't find the failing message even after following the instructions of the blog by Stefan. The messages before the first HOLDING are all SUCCESS messages.

I did delete the queues before, which I think was a mistake, maybe thats causing the "HOLDING" statuses?

Otherwise I guess the suggestions of the blog would be the only way to solve the problem?

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Olof,

Havent got a clue either

Maybe stefan takes a look at this thread and provides the answer.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to give older date , i mean , give the correct period and check for the holding messages and cancel or correct the message ans resend.

Regards

Chilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chilla,

your suggestion solved the problem.

I searched by using an older date and found old messages that were stuck. Thus I found the first predecessor not in final state.

Thanks and Regards!

Olof

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member189418
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Olof,

We had this problem earlier sometimes. I restarted the service <b>SAPXIAFMessaging</b> under the services in the Visual Admin and everything went on smoothly. Check with this option whether it can solve ur problem?

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chilla and Anil,

Thanks for the advice,

I will try what you have suggested!

Best Regards

Olof