Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Happy with SAP and PHP

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi:

I just read <b>John Coggeshall</b> blog...And gotta say..."Woaw, it blows my mind" -:D

I have been an ABAP Consultant for 3 years and a very active PHP developer for more than 1 year. Actually...and sorry if anyone disagress...I hate Java and also hate JSP...I was glad when i read about BSP (Which i'm planning to learn)...But when i read that SAP and PHP can be mixed together...it was like a dream come true.

As soon as i can, i'm going to set up my SAPRFC. And hope i can make some contributions to the community.

Thanks SAP and Zend...For letting me create SAP Web Services without Java stuff -:)

Greetings,

Alvaro Tejada Galindo

ABAP Consultant

ActualiSap Consultores

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

IT'S SIMPLY GREAT!!!!!!!

bye!!!

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry for my long time away...I have been pretty busy...

Anyway...a few day ago, i managed to get all my PHP-to-SAP connection...And damn...I gotta say...i really get shocked...It's amazing what you can do, and how easy you can do it -:D

I just have made two simple examples, but those we're enough to make me happy...I use RFC_READ_TABLE and RFC_READ_REPORT.

I actually want to make some SM30 simulation...so as soon as get some demo version, i going to post it, or write a blog about it -;) Some time ago, i made something like that using PHP and MySQL...So i don't think it's going to be that hard...Anyway...I should show all the Abapers out there that PHP is a great programming language too and by mixing PHP and SAP...you can get a killer tool -;)

Greetings,

Blag.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can't wait to read about it, let us know if you need help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alvaro,

waiting to see your examples.

I share your thought about showing the ABAPERs how great PHP is to complement ABAP for some functionality.

I use it for example to do validating of xml against an xml schema, a feature which I badly miss in ABAP. With PHP set up, send the XML to PHP, let it validate and voila.

I wanted to blog about this, but for some reason not known to me, i don't get the 'license to blog'. Anyway, such issues can also be discussed here.

So, keep going, let's enliven the php community on SDN

regards,

anton

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have approved you over and over again.

Normally if the cookies and cache are cleared and you log back in and go to the link given in the mail you recieved you should then be able to "post a weblog".

Former Member
0 Kudos

ah.

interesting. never received an email. maybe it fell prey to some spam policy in my company?

have to look at this

...Yeah, this will probably be it <i>Erection pack. Time limited offer</i> in my SPAM folder...

...Arghh, no confirmation ... just spam....

Message was edited by: Anton Wenzelhuemer

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just sent another one.

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Great! Thanx Craig and Anton for the kind words and for help offered...Actually i'm kinda busy in a big proyect...So it's going to take me a while to develop the weblog...also my english is not that good...But trust me -;) I'm going to do the best of me to make a great weblog -:D

Greetings,

Blag.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'll most likely be the one helping you from the SDN side when you start blogging, so no worries!

Former Member
0 Kudos

And thanks to you for your kind words about PHP!

We're very excited to hear about the value people are seeing in using PHP together with SAP. We really want to spread the word about this so people know what is possible with PHP and SAP.

Please keep us posted on what you do. We can all learn from and support each other!

Yes, there is a world out there beyond just Java...

Rick Fleischman

PHP Evangelist

Zend Technologies

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should considering telling us here on SDN about your initial experiences in the form of Weblogs that is an area here of high activity with many readers and is a great way of spreading the news about PHP and SAP!