cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLOW wbs Load

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are running the WBS_ELEMT_ATTR extract ant it takes about 1 full day. I'm seeing the extractor do table scans on the jest table that has 100 million records. Is there a index that can be added for this?

Anyone know how to speed this up. I can't find anything in OSS....

Thanks

Richard

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The JESt Table has the status fields stored in it. So when you run the WBS _Attributes you will have a field called BWSTATUSSYS - this gives the status of the WBS as to released etc. The status is stored in JEST table for all elements.

PRPS Is the WBS Master and you can find corresponding entries for the WBS Number in JEST Table.

But as for the extractor being slow . I do not know why. Did you check in RSA3 also and does it take the same time here also?

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure if it searches in JEST, the DS is based on the strucutre BIW_PRPS which gets data from PRPS. Is the long time during extraction or in BW. How many records do you have for extraction. And it is delta capable, so even its long, its a one time i guess. or is it taking that long even for deltas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It does search JEST. I will have to look at the DataSource to determine why. The slowness is strictly on the R/3 side. It is delta enabled but I have not tested how long these take. (and I can't).

Thanks