cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LOG FULL and dbmcli userid/password

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've installed TestDrive 2004s on Linux, but after a short time everything hanged. I found the following entry in /sapdb/data/wrk/N4S/knldiag

2007-05-29 08:03:17    24 WNG 20056 Log      Log_Queue.cpp:333
2007-05-29 08:03:17    24 WNG 20056 Log      2007-05-29 08:03:17 Log Warning 20056 
2007-05-29 08:03:17    24 WNG 20056 Log      LOG FULL: task 115 suspended

So I guess I have a backup task to perform, and then switch autolog on.

In preparation for this I want to know what the default userid and password is to use dbmcli. When I first installed, I tried control,control (as it was for NW4) but with no success.

When I run <b>dbmcli -d N4S <user>,<password> db_state</b> I get

Error! Connection failed to node (local) for database N4S: ERR_USRFAIL: user authorisation failed.

I looked through the help and other forum posts (with increasing desperation) and nothing seems to work, although they have all be quoted as something to be tried. I get the above error message for the following

SAPR3,SAP

SAPN4S,sap

SAPN4SDB,sap

DBADMIN,SECRET

SUPERDBA,admin

dbm,dbm

dbm, secret

dba,dba

DBSERVICE,SECRET

Should mention I'm using MaxDB version 7.6.00

Also tried sdb and sqdadm with installation password.

Any one know what I'm doing wrong ?

Thanks

Phil

Message was edited by:

Philip Kisloff

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

roland_mallmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

indeed, if the log is full, you need to perform:

- a full data backup (only if no backup was ever performed OR a 'histlost' entry is the latest entry in the BackupHistory (file /sapdb/data/wrk/N4S/dbm.knl))

- a log backup

- and yes, it would make sense to enable the Autosave Log feature

For every type of backup, you need to create separate backup media. The most convenient way would be to use the Database Manager GUI tool.

---

Regarding the connection issue, it really would be helpful to make sure you know this user/password combination during the installation/setup. The (MaxDB) standard would be 'control' with the very same password, but that doesn't seem to be the case on your system.

You could try combinations of things like 'control,admin' or 'dbm,dba'.

Another option is to reinstall the Testdrive software completely (from scratch).

To at least find the user name, you could try and see if you can make out either 'control' or 'dbm' when using'vi' on either /sapdb/data/config/N4S.upc or /sapdb/data/wrk/N4S/dbm.upc.

Hope that helps you out a bit.

Regards,

Roland

philip_kisloff
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Roland,

I have finally solved it, and I'll mention how for future reference!

To connect I used <b>dbmcli -U c db_connect</b>. This works, although perhaps I should recreate the .XUSER.62 file.

I created a pipe with mkfifo, i.e. <b>mkfifo backup</b>. I set an alternative session going with <b>cat backup > /dev/null</b>, as I'm not interested in keeping backups for the testdrive.

Created a template with <b>dbmcli -U c -d N4S medium_put N4SDataCompl /backup PIPE DATA 0 8 YES</b>

Finally, started backup with <b>dbmcli -uUTL -U c -d N4S backup_start N4SDataCompl </b>(-uUTL was important).

Really appreciate the help you and other forums freely give! At least I've got it working now.

Best regards

Phil

roland_mallmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Phil,

nice to see how far you advanced yourself in this short time period!

I see you found out how to make use of Xuser functionality and howto create backups (and their media) from the DBMCLI prompt. You could have performed the backup steps using the Database Manager GUI from a remote Windows box too.

Regards,

Roland

Answers (0)