cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMTP Faxing - Multiple Domains

Former Member
0 Kudos

It appears as though it is not possible to define more than one Domain for a Fax node when using SMTP based faxing. Is this the case ?

The reason multiple domains is required is that in the one R/3 system, different countries may have different fax service providers so separate domains are required to route the smtp-fax to the correct destination.

This is possible under an RFC based fax connection. The std country routing schema can be pointed to the appropriate RFC fax device. Why not under SMTP?

Any help appreciated

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jrg_engel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

please read note 1768564  about user independent routing in standard SAP. Since some times this is working with SMTP and you don't need to use the report RSCONCDG. We distribute mails to different SMTP servers with the user parameter CDG. We use only one fax smtp server but this should work for fax, too.

Jörg

0 Kudos

I have the same issue because we have 2 fax servers in 2 different countries but now the fax solutions will cancel the RFC support. So I don't know how to route the faxes when I have only one SMTP node instead of 2 RFC nodes.

Any Ideas?