cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pp scenerio in thermal power plant- kind help

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear friends,

which scenerio is best suitable for thermal power industry.either MTO or MTS ?

I will tell the process:-

the coal is taken from coal yard and it is given to boiler for firing.

oil is taken first before coal, for stabilization of flame in boilers.

then the steam is produced and it is given to super heaters for super heating and the steam at 510 c is given to steam turbine and after steam passes through several stages of turbine. it is given to condenser for cooling and again converted to water. this cooled water is mixed with fresh incoming water and it is given to boiler feed water pump and again sent to boiler drum.

flue gas coming from boiler is mixed with incoming air in air pre-heater. so that the heat wastages is some what reduced.

the fly ash is taken through electostatic precipitator and stored in fly ash storage yard.

bottom ash is collected and stored seperately.

kindly give me a good sloution for this scenerio.

thanks in advance.

regards,

g.v.shivakkumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi shiva

It is a kind of processing industry. here you input coal and water to generate electricity. as electriciry cannot be stored , distributed immidiately and continuouly. So MTS can be used if it is a continuous generation without specific Customer requreiement. But if you run the Plant only on requrirement then you can plan for MTO. But I am sure you have to use PPPI - ( Processing industies)

You have to create the Master reciepe with all the input material data, ( COAL, Water , oil ), processing resource ( Boiler and turbine) by product - Ash, consumable material - water, oil.

Hope this Helps

SK

Reward you points if helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

water is fed to boiler drum through boiler feed pump and it is taken to boiler drum.

then water is heated is taken through water tubes and moving towards bottom.the heat produced due to burning of coal surrounds the the water tubes amd the water in water tubes , get converted to steam and that steam is taken to super heaters in 3- stages(platen, radian like stages) and finally it gets super heated at final super heater and it is to turbine through main steam temperature control valve and temp of steam is 510 c and when it reaches turbine it 's temp reduces to 504 c and it first enteres first stage of turbine, it's pressure get reduced at sucessive stage, when it leaves the tubine, steam pressure is only 0.8 kg/cm2 and when in entersrs turbine it's pressure is 88 kg/cm2.

then it is taken to water cooled condenser and it is cooled and it is taken to cooling towers and finally it is taken to bfp and fresh addition of incoming water takes place.chemical dosing takes place here.finally taken to boiler drum.

the coal from coal yard after taken from coal through coal conveyors, it reaches the boiler firing elevation through coal pipes located at 14 meters from ground.

intial firing is done with light diesel oil and after flame stabilization, we will use high density furnace oil. then after that we will go for coal.if there is any fluctuation in stability of flame or reduction of temp of furnace, then hfo oil gun is taken for use.

the flue gas from furnace , is taken ttrough , air ptr-heater and frsher air from primary air fan and forced draft fan will mix with flue gas in pre-heater and takes the heat of flue gas. so wastage heat is reduced somewhat.

the heavy ash formed in furnace is taken through downwards and from that to storage of heavy ash by heavy ash conveyor.

the fly ash is taken through esp(electo static precipitator)by flue gas and finally to fly ash gets seperated from fly ash storage.the exhaust came out from chimney.

this is the process in power plant.

turbine vaccum is created by ejector

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

kindly give me one suitable solution.

regards,

g.v.shivakkumar

former_member196398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shivakumar,

I have sent my suggestions overmail...to sirwilliamscottland@yahoo.co.in.

Kindly reward your points and close the thread if that has helped you out.

Regards,

Prasobh

Former Member
0 Kudos

deart Prasobh Karunakaran,

thank you very much for giivng me this valuable solution to my thread.

regards,

g.v.shivakkumar

former_member196398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shivakkumar,

Could you please close both the question threads, if you are satisfied.

Regards,

Prasobh

vivekchokshi
Explorer
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Power/Utilities in SAP is taken care by IS-Utilties. Normally power plant scnerio will not get mapped. As Power i mean output will not be stocked and normally it is connected to state Grid/ central electicity Grid and controlled by load dispatch center (LDC).

Where as cement industry is having Make to stock strategy. it is quite different from power plant.

I can say - MM in Power plant is ok I mean OIl, water & coal can be handled in pipe-line procurement if the supplier is nearby. this is the case in singernari collaries and NTPC coal plant in AP. otherwise coal can be stocked using sap WM (using open bin strategy) and oil in hazardeous material management..

Also plant maintenance is also possible to map in Power plants..once PM notification created by maintenance department..i mean mechanical, electricla and Control and instrumentation mtce department..next is PM order and then it will go for relese and approval teco closure. or if no material is avaialble then it will got for PR- PO- GR- placed in stock or direct issue to PM order/work order- release- teco- closure...etc.

SAP SD also difficult to map because power once generated connected to Grid and cannot be stocked and so availability check and other normal Logistics functions not possible. but billing/invoice/credit functionality possible.. there is no returns management as in case of power..

we can distinguish the coal based on the supplier (foriegn or domestic) using split valauation. i heard in some states even power also based on generation method - good and pure and i mean based on energy factor it can be distinguished..

SAP QM is possible for coal estimation(moisture content, sulphur content etc..& also emission contril CO, CO2, NO etc.. used in pollution control and for boiler water treatment, Dosing etc..also to check Light diesel oil, HFO mixture calaculation and many more applications.

we can say MM application is more - inorder to procure material needed for maintenance of Mill /boiler/pumps/valves etc.. in power plant. normally in power many more rotating equipment availability and due to that preventive maintenance and also break down mtce is critical to avoid dangerous situations..tube/valve/pipe leak..

I can SAP MM & PM & QM - playing major role in consideration of SAP in power plant than SAP PP..

Hope this is very short example,,,if nwe need discuss in details it is time consumable..Also PM is used in Equipment caliberation of sensors/transmitters. i can SAP IS- Device management will have more influence in power plant becxause in power plant more number of temperature/pressure/flow.level sensors /transmitters.gauges will be available and it requires frequent caliberation and mtce because it is installed in steam/Hot water lines/Oil lines etc..

SAP WM is somewhat useful for efficient material handling in power plant but that is not necessary.. we cna maintian he stock @ storage location level i mean IM level and it is also efficient..FICO is more useful in any kind of business..

SAP FICO/MM/PM/QM/IS-Utilties/IS-DM/ with very less involvement of SAP SD. I cna SAP PP Involvement is less..variant config for valves./pumps is important..

Hope this helps..

Regards,