cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View ZPL II Code using Label Matrix...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm using Label Matrix software to design my lables.I need to save it as text file and it generates code(ZPLII Language).This is added in my program But when i'm saving it as text file only junk characters are displayed and no code is generated.What am i doing wrong?Please Help...

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can generate ZPL code with any labeling software printing to a file. In the case of Labelmatrix if you use TTF fonts, graphics or custom scaling for barcodes the software will stream a script that has the representation of the label as a bitmap and then you only see a script that sends a graphic to the printer and I think that are the result you are getting. Try with the following steps:

First approach avoiding bitmap rendering:

1 - Define a printer inside labelmatrix with one of the included drivers and setup to print to file.

2 - Design a label using only printer fonts for texts and barcodes (Appears in the font list with a printer icon instead a turtle). There are some fixed fonts and you can choose Smooth that is mapped to a printer built in variable pitch font.

3 - Check that your label doesn't have warnings (Appears with yellow dots)

Once you print to file, will get a readable script. If you need graphics add after these steps modifying the script.

Second approach: Parse the bitmap

On the ZPL handbook volume II you can find how to encode/decode a bitmap to ZPL. You can easily convert a BMP monochrome bitmap.

I had done before this with java and also with VBA on Excel and I can share some samples of these if you think it helps.

christian_wohlfahrt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aries!

Your problem might be linked to code-pages or file format handling of Label Matrix (you might try to save internal format and just replace file name ending with .txt - instead of using different output option).

In either way, first place to look is in program options (and help) of Label Matrix. In case of unusual code-pages, a windows or dos character set should display at least most characters correctly.

Regards,

Christian