cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoke WWI from WebDynpro Application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

We have a requirement to Open WWI reports(Windows Word Integration) from webdynpro applications.

I am using an RFC which wraps the standard function C12H_WWI_DISPLAY_DIRECT, to invoke the WWI report.

When I execute the RFC from SAP GUI, using transaction se37, it works fine. But when I try to run the same RFC from my Webdynpro application, it is not invoking WWI.

Is there any constraints in using WWI from portal? Am I missing some configuration?

Thanks,

Jay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is Portal Content available to Search for EH&S Reports and display them. Please look for the corresponding Business Package.

Otherwise you may call C12H_WWI_DISPLAY_WEBGUI and set the I_FLG_WB_CALL flag. By that you get the generated document back and can do with it what you like e.g. display it somehow

For each case you need to have a synchroneous WWI server.

former_member206397
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think it is not the problem of model. Actualy the report is displayed within MS Word. So there is a linkage with MS Word. I think from Web Dynpro the linkage is not esteblished.

Tell me one thing, is it possible to display the report as web page. If it is possible then you can go for linkageURL or IFrame to display the report.

Please let me know if is it possible or not.

Thanks

Chandan

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is not possible to display it as a Webpage.

former_member206397
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please tell me the details. How have you integrated it with Web Dynpro.

and what error you r getting or what problem you r facing.

Thanks

Chandan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandan,

I have created a model of the RFC which invokes WWI in my webdynpro application. I am calling it when the user clicks a button called 'View Report'.

The RFC takes Substance ID as input and opens up a WWI report in MS Word.

I am not getting any errors, but the MS word document does not open.

If I execute the RFC from SAP Gui, using transaction SE37, it opens up the report in MS word.

Thanks You,

Jay