cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS: How to default the start date for time recording?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I found in ESS time sheet profile I can set up the period type (daily, weekly, monthly) and period numbers. We have bi-weekly payroll period. But I want to set the starting date as the first day of current payroll period. How can I do this? Thank you.

Regards,

Johnson

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Look at the CATS profile CAC1, set your period. If you want to configure out of box, write the code to do so.

Good Luck

Om

Reward point, if you feel helpful.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Someone suggested me to change the userexit CATS0002. I searched the program SAPLCATS_ITS for CATW and program SAPLCATS for CAT2. But I could not find the userexit CATS0002.

Could anyone please tell me how to find and edit CATS0002 and how to assign the parameters to all users?

Sorry I have never done this before so I need more details on the steps. Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Johnson

suresh_datti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can find the exit via Tcode SMOD.. Enter CATS0002 & click on components. In the next screen, double click on the function module EXIT_SAPLCATS_002. Next screen double click on the include zxcatu02 & ignore the warning message. You have to put your custom code inside this include.

I am not sure though if this exit would get triggered for CATW. But it does get called in CAT2.

~Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to SMOD and enter your CATS0002 and do your enhancement their.

Good Luck

Om

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh ,

I have one issue in the cats application , user is entering the time sheet   through ESS portal ,internally CATW transaction code  is calling for the same

my requirement is to validate the data entered . CATS0003 exit will work for validating the data 

can you please advise me this exit will trigger through ESS portal .or any other exit or badi is available

for validating the data.

Thanks & Regards ,

Pramodh.M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your help. I tried what you have mentioned. The

issue is, we set period type as 'weekly' and periods as '2'

because we want to show our bi-weekly payroll period.

Now no matter which day I use for the first day, it pick the two

periods as current week and the following week based on today.

This might not be correct, because the payroll period could be

from previous week to this week and also could be from this week

through following week.

How can I make it only show current pay period? Thank you very

much.

Regards,

Johnson