cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Depreciation Run can it be reversed?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

My client had run the depreciation T-Code AFAB till the end of August 2007 in quality server before going live.Now , he wants to reverse all the documents posted. Can they be reversed. I tried AB08,but it is only in respect of individual asset.

Can anyone tell is there any remedial action to revert back to the normal period end i.e., June end for depreciation postings.

Thanks in advance and points will be assigned.

Regards

Gopal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

NathanGenez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP has a program to reverse depreciation but it is somewhat complex and not available on OSS. I'm also not sure if it is limited to (or can be ported if it is) to the older depreciation program RABUCH which would limit it to those customers that currently post using RAPOST2000.

But barring access to the program, it's not possible to reverse it. You would have to proceed as Jagdish describes... feed the GL data that is -1 of the data that was posted. I wouldn't do it, personally.

-nathan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dominic,

What is the solution if the same happens in Production?

Regards

Gopal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Unfortunately there is no way to reverse the depreciation postings for all of the assets in FI. If you find something amiss in the depreciation calculation of some assets, you have got to correct the keys / masterdata of those assets and do a repeat run for the last period. This will post differential entries in FI. Other than that, there is no other option that I know.

Thanks

Jagdish

dominic_holdstock
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

one possible solution, if the company is not set to productive.

a) TRX OAGL - Deletes ALL Depreciation Data- Does not reverse the G/L Postings made

b) TRX ABF1 - Use this to "reverse" the G/L Depreciation Postings

c) TRX AFAB - Run depr. again upto June.

another:-

If your Prod system is only posted to June > Do a client copy to the QC system.

Kind regards