Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HR Auths - Manager has access to employee in OOSB but cannot access record

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I currently have a problem where a manager (M1) has the A012 relationship to an org unit (O1), however org unit (O2) reports (O1). Employees in org unit (O2) report to a supervisor who in turn reports to manager (M1).

I assumed that with structural authorisations in place the manager (M1) would have access to employees from O1 & O2 - however it seems that the manager can only view/access employees from O1 which is the org unit that the manager is part of.

If I take a look at the records that the manager can access via structural authorisations in OOSB, employees from both org units appear in the list. However when the manager attempts to create a leave record for any employee in O2 he gets an authorisation error.

I have ensured that the depth field for the structural authorisations is blank.

For object type O - I use eval path O-O-S-P and the function module RH_GET_ORG_ASSIGNMENT. For object type P - I use the eval path O-O-S-P and the function module RH_GET_MANAGER_ASSIGNMENT.

I have changed an employee from O2 to report to the manager (M1), but this still does not correct the problem.

Can anyone assist with this problem?

Thanks in advance

Sujeet

1 REPLY 1

manohar_kappala2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Verify if the trace is showing authorization failure for other Objects like PLOG.

as this might require access to new HR Objects (with infotypes like 1001)pertaining to leave record creation.

verify 0105 entry exists for all the persons in context

Second thing is te evaluation path might not be the correct on in some cases.

For troubleshooting add the ALL PD profile and see if the user is able to perform the actions if he is then the problem is with the PD profile. if he is not able to do that even with that then the problem is with authorizations.

Hope this helps