cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIME Repository : Absolute path doesn't work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to use absolute path in my BSP application for MIME object, but It doesn't work.

In the example below, only the second image is displayed :

<%@page language="abap" %>

<%@extension name="htmlb" prefix="htmlb" %>

<htmlb:content design="design2003" >

<htmlb:page title="Default " >

<htmlb:image src="/SAP/BC/BSP/SAP/ZSD_SHARED/pop1.jpg" />

<htmlb:image src="../BC/BSP/SAP/ZSD_SHARED/pop1.jpg" />

</htmlb:page>

</htmlb:content>

Could somebody help me ?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

are you sure the second image is displayed? At me the second won't be displayed. The reason for this is the URL which will be build for loading the image.

<htmlb:image src="/SAP/BC/BSP/SAP/ZSD_SHARED/pop1.jpg" />

results in

http://server:port/SAP/BC/BSP/SAP/ZSD_SHARED/pop1.jpg

which is ok and will be load.

results in

http://server:port/sap(sessionid)bc/bsp/sap/BC/BSP/SAP/ZSD_SHARED/pop1.jpg

The correct relative url would be

<htmlb:image src="../ZSD_SHARED/pop1.jpg" />

You can have a look at HTTP-Logging in SMICM for analyzing such problems. (Make sure Logging is active).

Regards,

Sebastian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot.

I discovered that my absolute path was :

"/sap/bc/bsp/sap/BC/BSP/SAP/ZSD_SHARED/pop1.jpg"

and not :

"/sap/BC/BSP/SAP/ZSD_SHARED/pop1.jpg"

Could help me to understand why the path is not a standard path in my system ?

When I use the MIME Repository in SE80 I don't see the added "/sap/bc/bsp/", why it comes 2 times : /sap/bc/bsp/sap/BC/BSP/ ?

Kind Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

I cannot imagine that /sap/bc/bsp/sap/BC/BSP/SAP/ZSD_SHARED/pop1.jpg will work, since it cannot exist?

If you use relative paths in BSP by "../" this will be replace by "/sap/bc/bsp". So if you use "../sap/bc/bsp" this will result in "/sap/bc/bsp/sap/bc/bsp" (Assuming your application is to be found belwo "/sap/bc/bsp/", of course).

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

By the way does the url http://yourserver:yourport/sap/bc/bsp/sap/BC/BSP/SAP/ZSD_SHARED/pop1.jpg";

shows the expected image?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes it works with that path and the page below works too:

<htmlb:image src="/sap/bc/bsp/sap/BC/BSP/SAP/ZSD_SHARED/pop1.jpg" />

I have a kind of special tree.. I don't understand why ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

What do you mean with kind of special tree? So you have in /sap/bc/bsp/sap/ create a subfolder bc ? Otherwise I do not understand too

But the main-point is that it works - the reason why is always another thing.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, the subfolder bc exist..

The reason why /sap/bc/bsp appears 2 times is very important for me, it's the goal of my message. I have imported the BSP SearchHelp from the book "Advanced BSP Programming" and it doesn't work because the paths are incorrects. I tried to update this path but the result is not good and the application work partially.

Please, if you want see my problem on the web blog and read the dialog posted :

/people/thomas.jung3/blog/2005/08/22/bsp-value-input-help-popups-version-30

Thank you very much for your help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm using the same valuehelp

So if this subfolder exits and I guess the other subfolders exist too and zsd_shared as the last subfolder contains the needed MIME-Objects. But for using the valuehelp they are at wrong place! Take the zsd_shared folder including the content and put it to /sap/bc/bsp/sap/.

The reason for this is that ZCL_ES_BSP_ELMNT_DIALOG_HDR=>IE_PATH points to /sap/bc/bsp/sap/zes_shared/popup_ie6.js and this script the valuehelp needs to work properly. By the way valuehelp won't work in IE 5.5.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's a great coincidence,

I have already done the change :

'/sap/bc/bsp/sap/BC/BSP/SAP/ZSD_SHARED/dialog_ie6.js'

but It do not work. I obtain the SearchHelp without border and title and the display is very small. I can see that the SearchHelp, but the window dialog is not complete (border, title, possibilities of moving the window are not present). I think that the javascript code do not work fine. It works partially because the SearchHelp is display as I describre above.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What Release/SP are you on?

Please make sure that MIME-Object /sap/public/bc/ur/design2002/themes/sap_tradeshow/ur/ur_dia_ie6.css exists.

And that in /sap/public/bc/ur/design2002/themes/sap_tradeshow/ur/common/popup/ following files exist:

close.gif, help.gif, maximize.gif, resize.gif, restore.gif, wave.gif, wavebottomline.gif, wavetopline.gif

Another thing: In SICF the service for ZES_SHARED is active - or in your case ZSD_SHARED.

If these things are ok - switsch on HTTP-Logging and look for HTTP-Returuncode 404 to see which files cannot be served to the client.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm on version SAP Enterprise 4.70 SAP_BASIS 6.20 SP 62

I have no /sap/public/bc/ur/design2002/themes/sap_tradeshow/ur/ur_dia_ie6.css but only ur_ie6.css

All *.gif files exist in /sap/public/bc/ur/design2002/themes/sap_tradeshow/ur/common/popup/

There is no service for ZSD_SHARED in transaction SICF but only a general service for MIME OBJECTS (/default_host/sap/public/bsp/sap/)

II readed the trace in SMICM but I didn't find error 404. However the *.gif objects and the .css are never called from "/sap/public/bc/ur/design2002/themes/sap_tradeshow/ur/"...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Excuse me I read one more time the log and I see that the .css file has been read.

ISC: Cache Lookup. 1. try: browser independent.                                                                         
ISC: hashed querystr = 9e6a '&*&'                                                                                
HttpCacheMakeObjectKey() -> '/sap/bc/bsp/sap/PUBLIC/BC/UR/Design2002/themes/sap_tradeshow/ur/ur_ie6.css&&&A6E90000&'    
MTX_LOCK 1627 111466190                                                                                
MTX_UNLOCK 1758 111466190                                                                                
IctCmOpen#6048 R '/sap/bc/bsp/sap/PUBLIC/BC/UR/Design2002/themes/sap_tradeshow/ur/ur_ie6.css&&&A6E90000&'.-1 (- ???)    
MTX_LOCK 1627 110b0cb70                                                                                
MTX_SHARED_LOCK 1685 110b616e8 0 -> 0                                                                                
MTX_UNLOCK 1758 110b0cb70                                                                                
CmIStorOpen_Disk( 'M0x1AD' ) -> 0         

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not seen there were two new posts...

Message was edited by:

Sebastian Behne

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now we have it - I think.

Valuehelp from Book uses the Dialog Windows described in chapter 14.2. These dialog windows use files from WebDynpro for ABAP which are backported to 6.40 and 6.20 and shipped with service package (which one should Thomas Jung know?!?).

I don't know if it is on the CD - but search this one for the missing ur_dia_ie.css and put it to the MIME-folder. If you can't find ask Thomas for the missing files and further steps. (I have this file for 6.40 not knowing if it is working on 6.20).

Service ZES_SHARED in SICF is active?

For HTTP-Logging you find it in SMICM menu: JUMP->HTTP Log->SERVER->Show Entries.

If there are no entries logging is switched off and should be swtiched on.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I asked Thomas for the file in his web blog. I also found ZSD_SHARED in logs.

Nevertheless, when I edit the original javascript file I find only one line for .css file :

stylesheets[stylesheets.length]=ur_system.stylepath"ur_"ur_system.browser_abbrev+".css";

The name of this file is ur_ie6.css and I found nowhere a dynamic call to ur_dia_ie6.css. Could you check your .js file ? Do I have a wrong version of this file ?

Kind Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bernard,

sorry for my delay, but had some things to do - I had to recognize the file isn't from CD but I got it from Thomas. Please leave your mailadress that I can mail you something.

Regards,

Sebastian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sebastian,

I have a greet chance to have your so precious advices.

Please, could you mail me this file at :

nickasil@bluewin.ch

Thanks. Kind Regards

Bernard

raja_thangamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want use your BSP MIME Object, you can call directly as follow:

<htmlb:image src = "pop1.jpg" />
<htmlb:image src="pop1.jpg" />

Hope this will solve your problem.

<i>*Reward each useful answer</i>

Raja T

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm sorry but my question is about relative and absolute path in the MIME Repository. I copied a BSP application from the book "Advanced BSP Programming" and it doesn't work because my system don't reconize the absolute path in this application. I would like to know why I'm not able to address all MIME element from the root /SAP/... and I take the example of an image to explain my trouble.

Kind Regards.

Bernard Lienher