cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WBS Element

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI forum,

I would like know the purpose of WBS element,in marketing planner...

what is the purpose of it?

I have heard that it isused as cost collector ....

can any one exaplain me the flow of wbs element......

full points would be regarded..

regards,

sanjana

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjana,

Budget,cost and revenue analysis is most critical part in Marketing actvities

Purpose of WBS is to do the budget,cost and revenue analysis for marketing projects.

WBS element created in R/3 can be used to post cost and revenues and then to compare it with original budget planned.

Following are customizing activities to be performed in IMG.

Customer Relationship Management-->Marketing->Marketing Planning and Campaign Management->System Landscape->Define ERP Integration Type

Customer Relationship Management--> Marketing->Marketing Planning and Campaign Management->System Landscape->Assign ERP Project Profile to RFC Destination

Customer Relationship Management-->Marketing->Marketing Planning and Campaign Managemen->System Landscape->Assign ERP Project Scenario to RFC Destination

Please go through the help associated with the IMG activities.

Along with this you can also do BW integration of the Marketing project.

There in you can define you budget and approval phases.

Best Regards,

Pratik Patel

<b>Reward with Points!</b>

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are trying to find a cookbook or guideline about "CRM marketing budgeting with SEM BPS" or "CRM budget transfer to R/3 WBS".

We already checked the SAP best practices and SAP online help documentation for CRM and SEM BPS. We didn’t find though.

If you have it, please send it to fabio.brito@partners.basf.com

Kind regards,

Fabio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

My client not using SEM-BPS and does no have PS module at backend

right now i am in workshop gathering requirements its a roll out project ,so how do we plan for budjet in marketing planning and do cost analysis

Please provide inputs on this

i will reward points

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjana,

To understand WBS elements, you need to understand the concept of Project.

Project Definition is the framework within which objects are grouped. It provides the basis for the Work Breakdown Structure(WBS). In principle Project Definition refers to a single Production Area or License Block Objects could be sub-projects, phases of a project, distribution of activities, materials, services, general cost elements, etc.

Projects have a start and a finish date whether long term or short term.

WBS is the hierarchical model of the tasks to be performed in the project. It represents the sub division of work into manageable components which can be budgeted, planned and controlled.

WBS is the operative basis for the further steps in project planning, e.g. cost planning, scheduling, capacity planning as well as project controlling. WBS can be organized according to phases, according to functions/processes or according to objects (execution projects).

WBS Element & Internal Orders both are CO objects. They can be used for statistical as well as real postings. WBS elements are mainly used to monitor capital expenses although it can be used for revenue postings as well.

As regards to postings are concerned WBS elements have precedence over internal order i.e. while posting a transaction, if real WBS element as well as real internal order is given, real postings will happen on WBS.

The planned cost is entered in CRM i.e. in the marketing planner. The Actual Expenses booking is done in R/3 system by providing the reference of any WBS as the head under which the expenses can be booked.

You can see the overall budget for the WBS element in CJ30. and can check the overall expenses booked for any WBS by using the standard report S_ALR_87013557.

Hope this helps

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanajana,

The Purpose of WBS element as you rightly said is to associate costs to your marketing Projects.

WBS elements are created in R/3 and are a part of Project systems.They can be viewed using Tcode: CJ20N.

To Create a WBS element for your marketing Project You need to maintain the following settings in the IMG (SPRO).

1. Marketing->Marketing Planning and Campaign Management->System Landscape->Define ERP Integration Type

2. Marketing->Marketing Planning and Campaign Management->System Landscape->Assign ERP Project Profile to RFC Destination

3. Marketing->Marketing Planning and Campaign Managemen->System Landscape->Assign ERP Project Scenario to RFC Destination

Using planning profile in the marketing planner one can input the planned cost for various activities eg advertisements etc.And in the WBS element we can put in the actual cost which was incurred ( which later can be analysed using BW)

Wish This will be helpful

Regards,

Shalini Chauhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I would like to know how the actual costs are calculated,whats the procedure for it?

well seems that we would enter the planned values through planning layout(SEM) but what about the actual costs,do they come while the campaign is executed or they need to be entered manually,in the marketing planner..

regards,

sanjana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sanjana,

You enter the actual cost manually in the WBS structure in R/3 in the PS module.

The planned cost is entered in CRM i.e. in the marketing planner.

The analysis is done using SEM/BW or BI.

Regards,

Shalini Chauhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjana,

Actual cost could be like advertising cost etc.

Actual cost are posted using settlement techniques by raising purchase orders in

R/3.

You can very well plan you budget using BPS-SEM (BI) and can compare the actual cost and plan cost.

Best Regards,

Pratik Patel

<b>Reward with Points!</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...

Thanks...for the timely response..

i would like to know the settlement techniques for entering actual costs..

if u have any doc depicting the actual costs and planning costs kinldy mail to me sanjana.priya22@gmail.com

regards,

sanjana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjana,

I'd like to know if you have the Tcode to enter actual costs in WBS.

it will help me.

warm regards,

Benny