Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP CRM 4.0 Add-On for Service Industries

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have live CRM system (4.0 SP 8.0),

we considered installing the Add-On for service industries (CRMIS) since we want to use some of the new features.

I need to evaluate the effort needed - is it only Basis work? should we concern about ant pitfalls?

I already looked into the release notes and didn't found the info I looked for.

Has any one installed the Add-On?

TIA, Eyal.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Eyal,

we've also considered using the Add-On. Unfortenately I had the same problem like you: I found no documentation. My impression is that SAP don't want to push the AddOn and so they publish no docs. I decided to wait for CRM 5.0 because then the new features are in the standard and hopefully well documented.

Regards

Gregor

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member187490
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Eyal, Gregor,

Actually SAP is quite proud of the CRM 4.0 Add-On for service industries (CRMIS), which provides many useful new features for service industry customers, such as Email Response Management System (ERMS) as outlined in the SAP release notes.

For technical instructions on applying CRMIS, please see OSS note 748654. The CRMIS requires at least CRM 4.0 SP06. It is possible to apply the CRMIS directly on top of higher support packages (e.g. SP07, SP08, etc.) but you also need the appropriate CRT (conflict resolution transport).

For exact installation steps, you should of course also use the SAP Solution Manager, which provides guided step-by-step instructions for installing SAP products!

Also, as Gregor indicated, most of the CRMIS functionality was also included in the CRM 5.0 standard release, which is planned to be made available to customers later in 2005.

Best regards,

John Burton

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I agree SAP should be proud of CRMIS and the new features

look great and helpful.

I allready read note 748654 (and 748690,767371) but this

what I'm worried about.

I need to estimate the effort and the risk in installing

the Add-On.

I'm looking for a customer that (in live operation) installed it and could give us hints and insights.

Eyal.

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello John,

but what can I do if we do not have the Solution Manager installed?

Regards

Gregor

former_member187490
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then you should definitely install it