cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.NET connector or old DCOM connector?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone:

My customer wants to call some BAPI's from many programs they already had developed and working in VisualBasic6. SAP Release is 6.20

They are planning to migrate this VisualBasic6 programs to .NET programs in the future (Maybe next year).

SAP R/3 Go-Live is scheduled for December, this year.

The question is: Is there any chance they could use the .NET Connector with their actual VisualBasic6 programs? Or they have to use the DCOM Connector for now until the migration of their programs to .NET occurs?

DCOM Connector is not supported by SAP as of 31/dec/2004.

Of course, it will be desirable to use the .NET connector instead of the DCOM connector; so they don't have to worry about this upgrade in the future.

Thank you in advance for your kind help.

Best regards,

Jorge Tello.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is possible to make .NET classes available to COM word and thus to VB6.

You should perhaps design a "SAP integration layer" that is completely developed as .NET assembly using NCo and has a clear interface to your VB program via an interface defined by you. You would ensure that all methods and types on this interface are COM/Automation compliant. Would would mark this interface with ComVisible(true) and InterfaceTypeAttribute(ComInterfaceType.InterfaceIsDual). If you then register the assembly with RegAsm, you can easily use it from VB6.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you!

I don't know VB very well but will pass this to the VB people.

Best regards,

Jorge.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

I now have spoken to the VB people and they don't have anything .NET (Incluiding .NET Software).

When they try to install the SAP .NET Connector they get an error message: "You must first install the Visual Studio .NET 7.1 integrated development environment (IDE)"

So there's no chance for them to work with the .NET connector, am I right or wrong?

Thank you for your answer.

Best regards,

Jorge.

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If they have a license for VB 6.0, is shouln't be a big problem to get a license and copy of Visual Basic .NET Professional of Visual Studio .NET Professional (which includes VB.NET).

Answers (0)