0 Kudos

what is backflush. for what matl it is used

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Backflush means automatic goods issue at the time of confirmation of production orders in discreate scenario. You can have backflush indicators for the BOM componenets in material master (MRp2 view), Work center or in routings. Routings indicator will have prefrence.

In repetative manufacturing it is used as backflushing (transaction MFBF), and whether to pefrom GI at the time GR depends on the REM profile settings only. All other indicators in material master, routing or in work center will have no effect.

Regards

TAJUDDIN

kaushik_choudhury2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi there,

In addition to that we can maintain that whether the material to be always to be backflushed or this is decided on the basis of work center ........... this can be maintained in material master MRP-2 view.........

Please reward the points if you find the ans helpful.........

Regards

Kaushik

siddheshwar_rajguru2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Backflush is the movment of material from one section to another section or department or in SAP terminology it is storage location

.It is automatic goods posting like GI and GR which caused 261 and 101 movent type.

You set this backflush in i. material master ii. work center iii. routing and one more setting in order type dependent parameter i.e opl8

In REM process this backflush is called posting document i.e MFBF its simiilar to production / process order from Creation to Tecnical completion of the order.

1.In REM there is assembly backflush- both GI and GR done

2.Component backflush- only GI done

3. Activity backflush- only activity not GI and GR

Regards

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saddesh,

I was going through the bacflush activity and had a question.

Can we use these options for subcontracting order in MM?

Will appreciate your response.

Thanks and have a good day

Sultan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can set the backflushing indicator in MRP 2 View of material master/ work center Basic data tab page, or in routing.

Whenever a back flushing indicator is set , the system automatically post the goods issue of component when the corresponding op is confirmed completely from the sloc specified.

no need to carry out manual goods issue ie 261 movement type

Regards,

nandha