cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BP roles in PCUI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Because of the restriction ( heard from my colleagues) that BP roles can not be created in PCUI, I am planning to create different views for accounts in PCUI. Basically my idea is to create a view for SOLD TO, another view for SHIP TO etc (with tabs and field groups similar to CRM Online). Am I in the right path? Is the way we have to tackle it?

The goal is provide the link from portal, I can create iviews for SOLD TO, SHIP TO etc and link the PCUI views here. Will some one please clarify whether this procedure is correct or not? Will there be any problem in this?

Am a technical buy, familiar with blue print transactions. In order to familiar with the functional areas of all the PCUI applications, will someone provide

me some documents (apart from 'The Book')

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rem,

you could also try to use directly Transaction BP in the Portal. In my Weblog <a href="/people/gregor.wolf3/blog/2004/08/25/create-sap-transaction-iview-using-sapgui-for-windows SAP Transaction iView using SAPGUI for Windows</a> I'd described that.

Regards

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

In CRM Online, I can choose Ship-to party, Sold-to party etc while creating the account. But how can I achive this in PCUI? While creating the account in PCUI, is there a way in PCUI by which we can identify that the account created is for Sold-to party or Ship-to party etc?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think I have found out a way, using PARTNER_ROLE, i can do this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have checked using partner_role.It is not either updating or getting the values for PARTER_ROLE filed.

If any success in that pls let me know.

Thanks and Regards,

Abdul Raheem .S

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are looking at using PARTNER_GROUP and deriving PARTNER_ROLE based on the group (with custom code if needed). Is this a valid approach?

I have tested using the grouping and it does update.

Thanks,

Eric

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create views only for CRM user roles not for the BP roles.

We have two PCUI applicatons in CRM namely Business Partner ( General ) and Accounts.

But in both these applications you can not assigned to a role.

By default it creates the business partner in the role Business Partner (General).

The approach which we have taken is to add a role to the customer by writing custom code.

<href http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm40sr1/helpdata/en/93/35c73c3d91995be10000000a114084/frameset.htm

/>

gives the functional details of all CRM PCUI applications.

Thanks and Regards,

Abdul Raheem .S