cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No roles after login to Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have configured SPNego authentication on my EP7 SP11 portal. When i login to a client machine as a domain user and access the portal everything is working fine and the portal works correctly.

I have users in both ADS and the UME DB.

When i login to a client machine to the local computer and access the portal i get the login screen (which is right as i am not domain user and SPNego will not work). Now when i login to the portal using the userid stored in the UME DB then i only see the masthead in the portal and remaining everything is blank. The roles assigned to the userid is not displayed. There are no error messages logged in the default trace.

Any hints on how to resolve this ??

Thanks,

Kiran

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i believe the user for which you are getting the prob is not maintained in both ADS and UME DB. I believe its in UME DB only . so you have to do the Role assignment for this user .

Please /useradmin , check the role assignment for this user.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created the user in the UME DB and assigned him to a group which has super admin role assigned. As i mentioned earlier the roles appear when logged in as a domain user but not as local user. The same happens when i login with the

"Administrator" user/pw.

Any other hints ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

It only required to add the portal URL to trusted sites.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try checking your desktop rules and ensure that your user is configured to recieve a desktop. It might be that your local store user in EP is not assigned to a valid group and is thus not being served a valid desktop.

I would also inspect the permissions on the portal content for the relevant user, it may just be that the additional content is not available to them to which the roles belong.

You may also have a caching issue ... the old problem that creeps in when accessing browser based content.

Hope that helps.