cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPS - How to Load Flat File ... - Transport RC 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

We tried to implement the How to solution named "How to Load a Flat File into BW-BPS Using SAPGUI" and in development in works fine.

When we tried to transport in Quality we had a RC 8 (falure) because of the coding of the global data of the function group.

In fact in the global data we have to declare some Types referred to a Table Type that has the following name: /1sem/_yth_data_<sy-mandt><Planning_Area>. Since mandt is different the Table Type cannot be found ... and in STMS we get the message "The type '/1SEM/_YTH_DATA_170ZCSPAB11'" is unknown.

Did somebody of you experienced suche a problem and found a solution?

Thanks in advace to who will help

GFV

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

SAPWorkerL
Participant
0 Kudos

Gianfranco,

Your blog related to this stream looks like exactly what I am looking for, but I can't see the pictures or certain sections that have the code you figured out.  Is there a way for you to send it to me or repair the blog?

Thank you in advance!

GFV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Liza,

I think you and Claudia are asking for the same missing images.

I replied in the blog.

Thanks

Bye

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gianfranco,

I think you have to use a dynamic declaration (using sy-mandt) with fieldsymbol or something similar...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_bw30b/helpdata/en/fc/eb3860358411d1829f0000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

If you post this question in ABAP forum you will receive a good how-to-do answer in a while !!!

Bye,

ROberto

GFV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you Roberto ... I had a big help from ABAP Forum guys.

GFV

former_member93896
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Gianfranco,

lesson #1: Use the same client through out your BW landscape. There's no reason why they should be different.

The easy solution is to replace the /1sem/... types with custom DDIC types. Use SE11 to make a copy. The disadvantage is that you have to adapt your custom types manually in case the underlying InfoCube is changed (the /1sem/ types are automatically regenerated).

Regards,

Marc

SAP NetWeaver RIG

GFV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

about client numbers ... I will repeat your suggestion to system administrators. I noticed the habitude to give <i><b>ALWAYS</b></i> different client numbers in all the installation I worked on! I know it's a non-sense but generally we start to work after the system has been installed ...

The solution to use Custom DDIC types according to e has the advantage of an easier implementation but the disadvantage usage, especially in dynamic projects!

At least I came (with some help form ABAP Forum Guys) to an ABAP "coding" solution that I would like to share in a weblog (already asked for to SDN).

Bye

GFV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

May I know why is it a must to install BPS with same client for landscape? technically its possible to install in different clients for different systems in landscape. Pls advise on the implications.

Thanks in advance.

alfonso.

former_member93896
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Alfonso,

no one said that it is a must. Having identical client numbers for the landscape just makes the implementation of ABAP enhancements for BPS a lot easier. So TCO will be lower.

Regards

Marc

SAP NetWeaver RIG

GFV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In fact, as Marc said, I had some troubles with the ABAP enhancements ...

But let me repeat that ususally development, quality and production have different client numbers.

Bye

GFV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Different client numbers makes it far more difficult for ABAP development, retractors, etc...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think that different client numbers is a habit from R/3 systems... A lot do the same for BW, not realizing that it creates a lot of problems for BW.

GFV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I do agree with you Mary ... it's an habit from R/3. The problem was that on a productive landscape I could not say "hey guys ... the client numbers are wrong!". Finally the problem was solved and I wrote a Weblog about (... see /people/gianfranco.vallese/blog/2005/08/03/how-to-load-a-flat-file-into-bw-bps-with-different-client-numbers-through-out-your-bw-landscape), just to share the solution (that's why the problem is marked as solved).

Bye

GFV