cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating new Vendor account groups

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Business requested and provided us with the values to create new vendor account groups and I would like to know on how to approach this request as it require us to change the Master data as well, Kindly advice on how to achieve this task?

1. Create a vendor account group OBD3

2. Define no. range for vendor account group XKN1

3. Assign number range to Vendor account group OBAS

List of Vendor account groups

Utilities

FSV (Full Service Vending Commission)

Garnishments

Employees

CMA

Freight

Benefits

Tax

Media

Rent

Thanks and Regards,

Habeeb

p.s: If someone has any document on Vendor account group, Kindly provide me with some notes

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not very clear about your query. But if you want to change the Account groups for existing Vendor Master data, it is not possible. Once a Vendor is created and transaction data is already posted, you cannot change the Account group.

New Account groups can be created and under those groups Vendor Masters can be created. However, the existing Vendor Master cannot be moved from one group to another group.

Thanks

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response but If i use T-code : XK07 I am able to change vendor account group, Is it advisable ? and if it is advisable and allowed then after creating Vendor account group, can i assign existing no ranges (or) i have to create new no ranges and assign to all new vendor groups which i am creating?

Regards,

Habeeb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the information on changing of Account group for Vendor. I tested in a Sandbox client and it did work. I suggest that carry out testing extensively in Test system and then carry out the changes in Production client.

Thanks

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi , after migration of Vendor masters using External Alpha-numeric (eg G1000000 - G9999999) and posted transactions/documents on production client to these vendors...how can we change the setting from Ext to Internal? Thanks, Hannes Grobler

Answers (0)