Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (103) RFC_ERROR_LOGON_FAILURE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i got the following problem after patching the portal:

com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (103) RFC_ERROR_LOGON_FAILURE: Name or Password is incorrect

The Problem is that im using Ticket and not User and Password...

I can Ping the System but the Test gives me the Exception...

Can someone helps me?

Regards

Chris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I'm also getting the same error message when logging at the portal. I also used SSO. I tested the Jco destinations and they are all working fine

Nic1
Participant
0 Kudos

I recognise this message from when we did a client copy from our Live system to QA. Our problem was that the password of the portal jco user ID in R/3 was different from the portal. Our user PORTALJCO password had to be re-set.

Nic1
Participant
0 Kudos

I recognise this message from when we did a client copy from our Live system to QA. Our problem was that the password of the portal jco user ID in R/3 was different from the portal. Our user PORTALJCO password had to be re-set.

We got the error message (103) RFC_ERROR_LOGON_FAILURE - user PORTALJCO locked due to incorrect logins, after we tried our webdynpro aplication a few times.

Edited by: NvanD on Oct 22, 2009 10:23 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When exactly are you getting it? Using Web Dynpro application? When activating a BW report? When connecting to an R/3 backend?

Roy

Former Member
0 Kudos

for example when i using a webdynpro application...

Former Member
0 Kudos

For a Wen Dynpro application go to Content Administration->Web Dynpro in the portal. Search for your application and test it's JCO there.

What are you getting?

Roy

Former Member
0 Kudos

there are no JCO-Connections...what have i to do and how?

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you click the Maintain JCO Connections you don't get anything in the table below...?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes and when i test there i got the following message:

com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (102) RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: Connect to SAP gateway failed Connect_PM TYPE=A ASHOST=mdv068 SYSNR=60 GWHOST=mdv068 GWSERV=sapgw60 PCS=1 LOCATION CPIC (TCP/IP) on local host with Unicode ERROR partner 'mdv068:sapgw60' not reached TIME Thu Jul 19 09:29:05 2007 RELEASE 700 COMPONENT NI (network interface) VERSION 38 RC -10 MODULE nibuf.cpp LINE 4601 DETAIL NiBufIConnect: connection pending after 60000ms SYSTEM CALL connect ERRNO 245 ERRNO TEXT Operation now in progress COUNTER 1

And i cannot Ping the connection!

Message was edited by:

Christian Maier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe you cant ping sapgw60 gateway service from your Portal server.

maintain followin entry in your serivces file ( locate it WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc ). in this you will find one services file.

Please maitain an entry

sapgw60 3260/tcp

Similarly, maintain host file as well ...

<IP address of mdv068> mdv068

Remember you have to do these changes on Portal server.

Check out with the Networking team that there is no firewall between Portal server and ECC server.

Check that these 2 servers are not in different DMZs.

Cheers!!

Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

before we patch the portal everything works fine...

Former Member
0 Kudos

from you error log, its very evident that your portal server is not able to ping ECC system. Can you log on to the portal server and ping ECC server ??

If that works fine then its an purely "after upgrade issue". have to be dealt differently.

If your ping does not work, then first diagnostic you can do is, maintaining host and service file entries. Now if this works, that means during patching or due to other changes in Network, portal was not able to ping ECC server.

I feel, its better givin it a try rather than debating " it was working fine before patching". Hardly any upgrades are smooth .... and we all know about it...

otherwise, there wud not be an issue upgrading your systems whenever SAP releases one...

Can you please tell what SPS level you have upgraded to..

Have you upgraded some components or entire stack ??

Please post your default trace as well...

Cheers!!

Ashutosh